Anyone from Montana here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Montana here?

Looking to see if anyone on green screen from Montana? What’s cost of living like? Where were you? How is life around like Billings area? Weather, schools, churches, family life?

My brother lives in Missoula, MT and has been for quite e few years. They love it there and I don't think he would consider living anywhere else. In fact several years ago he and his left to move to another state to be closer to one of their children but have since moved back. They are active in their church and enjoy the outdoors lifestyle mostly fishing, camping, bicycling, cross country skiing etc. I don't have any first hand knowledge but I know they enjoy being there.

Comment

There was a thread of some Montana TC pics a few days ago. Not sure if he's a resident or leasing though...

Comment

I lived in Missoula for 5 years. Billings I only went to once for a few days. I would prefer if living in Montana to live on the Western side or in Bozeman.

Regardless, expenses aren't bad. No sales tax

Good family life, it is a lot simpler living and I am sure you will find plenty of Churches. Enjoy, I wish I could go back and live in Montana... at least for half the year

Comment

I hear that their women bathe in horse troughs??!

Comment

I will say the talent is down in the state compared to Texas or the South in general. You would want to bring your woman up there and not look for one.

Comment

It gets fairly cold up there.

I've known several native Texans move there who moved back when they got sick of the cold. Falling on ice multiple times and breaking bones etc.

Hunting and fishing was unbelievable though. Most of them I have known have worked at the Billings Exxon.

Comment

handle: Bill, I believe he just retired to Bozeman.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  I will say the talent is down in the state compared to Texas or the South in general. You would want to bring your woman up there and not look for one.
                  I've always thought Missoula was pretty decent talent wise. Definitely doesn't compare to here, but not the worst place i've been.

Comment

who would move FROM Montana ??

Comment

My entire family would go if I went including wife so not in the market no matter how talented lol. Nothing for sure just entertaining opportunities and it’s around Billings area so that would be area I’d be in. Thanks and keep info coming ��

Comment

I just got back from the Kalispell, Whitefish area. Beautiful area. While I was there, I decided to look into the housing market and in that area most 1200sqft homes where going around $250K plus without any acreage. If you got closer to the lake or river, it would double or triple in value. It kind of surprised me of the housing cost

Comment

I lived in Bozeman for 5 years back when it was awesome and all I did was hunt and fish. It is the new boom town really with housing gone through the roof and a lot of liberals showing up. My brother is trying to get me to move back there all the time. Billings is not my favorite place but it is that area of the state like many western states that is on the edge of the eastern plains so not as pretty and not like living in the Mountains. There are good churches everywhere, just find one that fits. Billings is a lot cheaper than Bozeman for sure. Montana is great but you must deal with -20 below at times and snow and frozen roads, just part of it.

Comment

Bill just moved up there

Comment

If I couldn't live in Texas, I'd live in Montana. It's just really cool to see elk, pronghorn, mule deer, and whitetail all in the same field.

Comment

Working...
                              X