Educate me- dancing clothes washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educate me- dancing clothes washer

Help. Turn off the music to stop the dancing?

We have a 1-year old front-loading Maytag washer that sometimes (not all) starts to vibrate and then move. It’s sitting on top of a lower bade storage unit, which I think makes the problem worse.

I’ve gone thru the Maytag manual and checked all their suggestions- made sure shipping restraints on drum were removed, it’s level front/back and left/right, adjusted bolts on bottom of storage unit pads so there’s zero rocking.

There are no leveling pads between the washer and the bottom unit, there appear to be thin, circular hard plastic disks on the bottom of the washer. It’s sitting on a tile floor in the room.

What next? I’m thinking maybe get some type of vibration absorbing material to put in between the washer and base unit on the tile under the 4 levelers?

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine only does that when it’s over loaded with bulky towels or blankets and the weight is uneven during the spin cycle.

Comment

I went to farm and ranch store and cut the heavy horse mat down to put under mine. It did not stop it but it did help.

Comment

There are rubber pads on the bottom of those plastic feet. Pull the washer out and clean the floor thoroughly with rubbing alcohol then clean all 4 feet with the alcohol and put it back. I've done it to a few...hundred of them. It will make a difference.

Comment

After posting I rechecked level with a 4’ level I recently bought. That may be the problem.

Comment

Upon rechecking with a 4’ level, I had to adjust 2 diagonal corner up/ down between 1/4” and 3/8” to get to level.

With a 1’ level I did not see it.

That may have solved it. I’ll update the thread.

Thanks for other suggestions. That’s interesting about cleaning under the legs. I guess it’s to prevent it from sliding on the lint/ dust that accumulates underneath in a laundry room.

Comment

I would vote on unbalanced load. My wife loads ours with a lot of care.

Comment

No help on a front load but YouTube was a huge help getting my 30 year old washer to stop dancing.

Comment

Make sure there are no handkerchief in there.

Comment

Put on some “Grease” music and let ‘er rip Bill !

Comment

Too many clothes, the drum can't handle the G forces with all the weight of wet clothes. Or it is not balanced due to too big a blanket. These are most likely your culprit.

If it is out of level, I recommend reaching out to maytag to figure out how to make it level. Simply putting the level on the top may be ineffective if the drum needs to be level in relation to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                        Too many clothes, the drum can't handle the G forces with all the weight of wet clothes. Or it is not balanced due to too big a blanket. These are most likely your culprit.

If it is out of level, I recommend reaching out to maytag to figure out how to make it level. Simply putting the level on the top may be ineffective if the drum needs to be level in relation to something else.

Im assuming that leveling the outside levels the drum. There are 2 shocks or springs attached to the drum that I read could be an issue- but I’s have to take the front off.

I’ll try the simple first. The bubble was all the way to one side so it was an adjustment.

Thanks for comments/ ideas. Especially playing Grease. I can’t forget Olivia Newton John in those spray-painted on black leather pants.

Comment

2 loads thru and it’s staying put. I hope that was it.

Thanks again.

Comment

I’m relieved. Looking at the title of the thread I thought you were looking for a special washer for your dancing clothes. I’m like who in the hell makes that?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X