Duck recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck recipes?

Any good recipes for duck breakfast other than the usual gumbo and poppers? Looking to try something new

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Man to me it’s all about bleeding them out and marinade - then you can do anything. Skewers with veggies on the grill. Or throw in some stir fry has been some recent faves for us.

Edit - I tried this fried rice from a DU issue - it was good but don’t get too egg happy with it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3rdCoastHunter; 01-26-2022, 09:31 AM.

Comment

My husband and I were waterfowl hunting fools when we lived in the frigid state of North Dakota. I cooked ducks and geese on a regular basis for years and this experience taught me quite a bit about cooking with these special birds. I know that a perfectly cooked duck breast should have crispy...

Takes some time on the bird cleaning side of things since you have to pluck the breast and leg but it's freakin delicious. Make sure you don't overcook them and it will debunk all the haters that say wild duck doesn't taste good. Not worth the time for teal in my opinion, I reserve this method for big ducks.

Comment

If you can find Anthony Bourdains recipe online it looked really tasty on the episode he had with duck hunters.

Comment

the best duck gumbo that I have ever made was where I substituted the duck for big, fat chicken hen.

the best duck poppers that I have ever made was where I substituted the duck for deer backstrap.

I guess that makes me no help :-)

Comment

Breakfast???? Only duck sausage comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Breakfast???? Only duck sausage comes to mind.
              I figured this would be posted sooner than post 6. You guys are slacking!

Comment

Just take cut them into strips, pound them with tenderizing hammer and soak them in buttermilk.

Fry them and make some gravy to go with them. Serve with biscuits and eggs if its breakfast.

Comment

Reverse sear with butter spooned over breast while searing is excellent. As long as you cook it rare your good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    Just take cut them into strips, pound them with tenderizing hammer and soak them in buttermilk.

Fry them and make some gravy to go with them. Serve with biscuits and eggs if its breakfast.
                    This is about the best I’ve ever doneand hard to beat.

Comment

We made duck chorizo with a bunch of duck breast last year, 50/50 duck to pork ratio. I have to say that it turned out really good. We use the chorizo mix from Allied Kenco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

This guy gets it if you don’t want duck gumbo or duck and jambalaya or rice dressing stuffed duck or boudin stuffed duck or Cajun injected deep fried duck or crockpot duck with cream of mushroom soup or bacon wrapped duck poppers. I’m a Duckaholic!!

Comment

Duck isn’t any better or any worse than any other wild bird or wild game. Cook it in whatever recipes you like, the secret is just letting it soak in milk to bleed it out, just like you do liver. My favorite is seared duck breasts over wild rice and veggies w/ mushroom gravy poured on top.

Comment

Ckn fried after soaking in buttermilk. Best Ckn fried I've ever had

Comment

A recent recipe on the Unashamed (Duck Dynasty guys) YouTube show is AWESOME. Not really breakfast, but it's duck. Best duck I've ever had. Shot some Saturday and cooked them yesterday. Ate the leftovers for lunch today.

Brine over night. Then soak in buttermilk another 24 hours. (I didn't have buttermilk, so I just brined for 48 hours).

Drain, tenderize, cut into strips lengthwise, across the muscle grain.

Coat in sour cream, then dredge in flour. I used almond and coconut flour mixed (keto) with bacon salt, pepper, and chile powder added.

I mixed peanut and avocado oil in a cast iron skillet. Fried just long enough to brown the batter - medium rare meat.

Then I mixed ranch dressing with some worchestershire sauce for dipping.

Hands down the best duck I've ever had. This batch was pintail and gadwall. I've done it before with other ducks, even a ringneck or two. All good.

Comment

Working...
                              X