Live from James Daughtrey WMA Jan 4-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live from James Daughtrey WMA Jan 4-7

Hunt starts tomorrow afternoon and I will be in compartment 16 and really looking forward to seeing if I can make it happen. If anyone has hunted that compartment before and has some spots to check out please let me know.

Weather forecast seems better than it has been the last few weeks so hopefully a little cooler weather gets the bucks moving.

I am not sure I have done a live hunt before but I will try and keep this thread up to date as much as I can (assuming I have cell service in my compartment).

Orientation is at 11:00 tomorrow morning and then I'll be heading out to check things out and start scouting for a couple of places to get set up. Sounds like I will have to pack any and all gear and supplies in and out as there isn't really roads in 16 and will not be able to bait as heavy as I wanted to but will haul in as much corn as I can pack/drag in.

If any other TBH'ers will be there or going standby feel free to chime in.

Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
      Hunt starts tomorrow afternoon and I will be in compartment 16 and really looking forward to seeing if I can make it happen. If anyone has hunted that compartment before and has some spots to check out please let me know.

Weather forecast seems better than it has been the last few weeks so hopefully a little cooler weather gets the bucks moving.

I am not sure I have done a live hunt before but I will try and keep this thread up to date as much as I can (assuming I have cell service in my compartment).

Orientation is at 11:00 tomorrow morning and then I'll be heading out to check things out and start scouting for a couple of places to get set up. Sounds like I will have to pack any and all gear and supplies in and out as there isn't really roads in 16 and will not be able to bait as heavy as I wanted to but will haul in as much corn as I can pack/drag in.

If any other TBH'ers will be there or going standby feel free to chime in.
      Good luck man! We're pulling for ya!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Tuned in, love that place.

Passed a 130s 9 on the bow hunt 4 years ago on day 1. No regrets as it was day 1 and I had recently taken a couple of 130 class deer with my bow. I saw 1 mid 40s deer that I would have shot crossing the sendero at long range and never came in.

I've been on 2 management hunts and had a lot of fun killing doe's, hogs and yotes. Saw good deer well within rifle range on both trips including this double beam monster last year on the management hunt.

Never been near comp 16.

Best of luck. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220103-160111_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	24673436Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220103-160000_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	24673437

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. How many standbys?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Good luck. How many standbys?
                They are drawing 4 standby cards per their FB page. I’ll be there trying for standby

Comment

Maroon f 250. Unit 16. Lucky draw.

Comment

Good luck. I’m in for the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Maroon f 250. Unit 16. Lucky draw.
                        Have you hunted 16 before?

Comment