Food Shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Just hee hawin how the masses will need to live off the land if this trend continues. Potential mass population transfer to public areas where they the people can actually provde sustenance for themselves.
    That will be A big adjustment for most folks.

Comment

Saw some Hispanic gentleman selling toilet paper and paper towels on the side of the road today. Can't be a good sign...or very profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Buy a pressure canner and a lot of jars
        I have a pressure canner, but jars were hard to find last year.
        I need to remember to check if they got any in lately, I haven’t checked in the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
          Read it a few years ago. Really made sense to me. Seems like that was one of the last books before Joel decided to flip-flop and start shipping food across the country.

Suddenly local food makes more sense than ever. My sales have been strong the last several weeks. Seems several have gotten out of the farm-to-table business around here, but those of us sticking it out are doing pretty good right now. My feed is organic, so I’m not crying about Round-Up going up in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Hell, alot of people still believe he was a poor farmer when he started, Joel was already wealthy when he took over his dads farm, who was also well off. But he is ****ed smart, he figured out a way to get work on his farm done without having to pay anybody and on occasion, they pay him. He didnt flipflop though, he just found another revenue stream, and I cant blame him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            Heck, jars were up to $18/dz(for pints) the other day at my local Kroger
            Thankfully, I stocked up on a close out and have about 20 doz unused jars. My wife thought I was crazy, she's probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
              I have a pressure canner, but jars were hard to find last year.
              I need to remember to check if they got any in lately, I haven’t checked in the last few months.
              Walmart had stacks of them yesterday in Lampasas.

And I save every picante and pickle type jar I open. They can be reused

Comment

Originally posted by BWright View Post
                Hell, alot of people still believe he was a poor farmer when he started, Joel was already wealthy when he took over his dads farm, who was also well off. But he is ****ed smart, he figured out a way to get work on his farm done without having to pay anybody and on occasion, they pay him. He didnt flipflop though, he just found another revenue stream, and I cant blame him for that.

I don’t blame him either, I’ve always said if I move my operation from Houston area to my family farm in rural TN it would have to rely on shipping to make it.

The reason I say he flip-flopped is because one minute he’s preaching AGAINST shipping proteins in his books (profiting off that message) and then suddenly starts doing it himself. He didn’t take that decision lightly and wrestled with it himself-I don’t think he minded anyone criticizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  The bad news is rolling low stock on certain foods is going to keep happening. Israel just had to cull their entire poultry population due to spreading bird flu. That is going to make the cost of eggs, chicken, and probably turkey go up here.

Well, the bird flu has now been detected here in the States. I pray it does not hit our poultry farms like it has in the Israel area. Otherwise, if it does, you are about to see chicken and egg prices go sky high!!! https://www.wired.com/story/bird-flu...at-comes-next/

Comment

I thought our grocery stores were bad here....a girl on my team in Georgia just sent me these pics of the Walmart Grocery in their small town. Pretty much empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24674700

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	24674701

Comment

Casesof them here are 11.99

Comment

Cases of them here are 11.99

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          We can't compete with the government paying people not to work.

Those in charge should be hung.
                          This!!! Cut off the public money.

Comment

No pasta this weekend at the Walmart in Rockdale.

Comment

Pray we don't get any hurricanes before this gets fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                                Pray we don't get any hurricanes before this gets fixed.
                                2024 is long stretch…..

Comment

Working...
                                X