Carpet for Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet for Blinds

I snagged some carpet from the contractors when they replaced a bunch of it in our building. It wasn't very old when they took it out, had never been wet but the insurance company made them replace it. There were other parts of the floor that were flooded last year during the winter storm, but this carpet did not get wet.

Anyhoo, I have way more than I need and I made sure to grab the extra to share with you all. It is commercial grade, low pile but the sugar in the tea is the super dense, integrated foam backing!

The negative - the commercial stripping machine ripped it out in 12-16" strips. I did not actually measure the width. The lengths are 10-16 feet.

If you want some, please come get it or arrange a TBH express. I'm located about 1/2 mile from FM485 in Milam County, between Hearne and Cameron. 30 miles north of Bryan. Yes, I can hold it until Bownanza and deliver it there.

Good push MrBritches

Comment

I will take it but only if I can get a TBH express , I’m building a blind. I’m located in Oklahoma City. Anyone heading this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Good push MsBritches
        FIFY Briar.

Comment

I'll throw in a handy tip.... Here is the magic adhesive. Make sure it's the #90... Spray the back side of the carpet and the surface that it's going on. Wait about 40 second to 1 minute and then apply. Make sure you have it where you want it.... Once it bites, it's pretty much set. I've carpeted 2 boats and few other things with this. Neighbor stopped by in his UTV and his ceiling liner was falling down (a relatively thick liner). Had some of this left over from a project and hooked him up in the driveway. Still intact from two years back.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, BowPro, I was thinkin the 70 pound, but either way, that is some outstanding glue!

If you hold it and spay when it is upside down after you finish, it will clear the spray track out and you can keep using it after a long period. I have a can that I bought 10+ years ago and still have not used all of the glue it in, but from time to time, I need a little bit and I can still get it.

However, I see your can says it will spray upside down. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              Yes, BowPro, I was thinkin the 70 pound, but either way, that is some outstanding glue!

If you hold it and spay when it is upside down after you finish, it will clear the spray track out and you can keep using it after a long period. I have a can that I bought 10+ years ago and still have not used all of the glue it in, but from time to time, I need a little bit and I can still get it.

However, I see your can says it will spray upside down. Hmm
              Must be the newest cans. I could not spray upside down with the ones I had. [emoji106] I guess that's a good thing if you're gonna use up the whole can in one hit, but for storage, maybe not so much. [emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                I'll throw in a handy tip.... Here is the magic adhesive. Make sure it's the #90... Spray the back side of the carpet and the surface that it's going on. Wait about 40 second to 1 minute and then apply. Make sure you have it where you want it.... Once it bites, it's pretty much set. I've carpeted 2 boats and few other things with this. Neighbor stopped by in his UTV and his ceiling liner was falling down (a relatively thick liner). Had some of this left over from a project and hooked him up in the driveway. Still intact from two years back.

Would this work well for sheet vinyl flooring that has split and curled up? I have a spot in my RV that needs to be reapplied to the floor wood where a split occurred. Was thinking I would get something like this and stick it back down.

Comment

Picked up some of this for the foam insulation in my tank blind! Good to see it’s good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    Would this work well for sheet vinyl flooring that has split and curled up? I have a spot in my RV that needs to be reapplied to the floor wood where a split occurred. Was thinking I would get something like this and stick it back down.
                    It wouldn't hurt to give it a run. If I was to try it, I would probably run a hair dryer or heat gun on the flooring to soften it up to lay flat, without resistance from curling, before hitting it with the adhesive.

Comment

If you have any leak what so ever, don’t use regular carpet in a deer blind. If it gets wet, it will hold the water like a sponge and rot out the floor.

I found this out out the hard way. I will only use outdoor rated carpet now days.

Comment

Not sure I would glue carpet down in the blind. You will have to remove it one day. I have carpet in my blinds but I put it down a few days before opener and remove it after hunting season. The carpets are cut to fit and marked which blind they go into. Takes just minutes to lay it down before use.

Comment

Carpet for Blinds

I use old 4x6 Cintas mats in my blinds and they work great.

I’ve made a few hauls to Texas and met folks in Houston area with 5 or 6 of them.

Not sure if I’m going to Nanza yet but if I end up going I could grab a few to bring with me if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            I snagged some carpet from the contractors when they replaced a bunch of it in our building.
                            Anyhoo, I have way more than I need and I made sure to grab the extra to share with you all.
                            That's awesome of you for doing this! Might see what you have left when I get finished with my blind build this Spring.
                            Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            Picked up some of this for the foam insulation in my tank blind! Good to see it’s good stuff.
                            Test out the adhesive on the foam first. I used 3M Super 77 adhesive to glue 1/2" pink foam board (Owens-Corning Foamular from Home Depot) panels for insulating one of my blinds. It worked, but only for a couple weeks. These were glued onto the inside of FRP (fibeglass) panels that I have as a skin for that blind.

Something in the adhesive started to eat away at the foam board and all of the panels eventually fell off. I'm going to use a carpet glue or Liquid Nails next time.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to give it a run. If I was to try it, I would probably run a hair dryer or heat gun on the flooring to soften it up to lay flat, without resistance from curling, before hitting it with the adhesive.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to give it a try. I was thinking Liquid Nails but like this idea more!

Comment

Working...
                              X