Castaway Rods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    You might try what I do. Haven't rusted an eye or lost an insert. After a good rinse let the rod dry and give each eye a squirter of wd40.
    stainless and ceramic guides wont rust

Comment

I’ve been using Castaway for a long time, and have never had an issue with a castaway rod. I broke one just the other night but it was my own fault. I even take my trout rods offshore and catch snapper and mahi on them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        stainless and ceramic guides wont rust
        That's bs if you keep them at the coast

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
          Look at Sarge custom rods.
          Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
          Get a Sarge or a Laguna. Well worth the money.
          Comparing a sarge to a castaway really ain't fair.

I've got some castaways that are from the 90s and I still catch fish on them. My wife broke a skeleton boat flippin a white bass and they swapped me out in store

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
            That’s pretty much what Castaway said when I talked to them.
            I can’t have a little girl rod like that in my boat!
            I have nothing to add other than did I miss the thread of that buck in your avatar??!
            Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-14-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              I have nothing to add other than did I miss the thread of that buck in your avatar??!
              I killed him a couple of years ago.
              164” 23 1/2” inside on 30 acres in Palo Pinto county.
              At my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                That's bs if you keep them at the coast
                I live about a mile from Sylvan Beach and Galveston Bay lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Then you should know that stainless will rust.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    He bought Laguna. Jeff and Danny Neu started Laguna, and the current owner is the second or third that has owned it since Danny and Jeff. They are excellent rods, and I highly recommend them.
                    Actually it was four guys that started Laguna and the other 2 sold out to Danny and Jeff early on. Great rods with superior components no doubt.

Comment

I had an invicta that I bought. First time I set the hook it broke maybe 6 or 8 inches down. They offered 100 bucks or something towards a new rod. I was ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        I had an invicta that I bought. First time I set the hook it broke maybe 6 or 8 inches down. They offered 100 bucks or something towards a new rod. I was ******.
                        That is terrible customer service.

Comment

Sad part is, all these nice sensitive rods are prone to breaking. Any little nick or stress hit can cause failure

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                            Sad part is, all these nice sensitive rods are prone to breaking. Any little nick or stress hit can cause failure
                            Exactly. If your mad because you broke $100 rod wait till you break a $350 custom job. I have a grandson that breaks something every time I take him.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post

This is correct. It reminds of the dudes rolling up 45 at 70 miles an hour with all their rods still in the holders on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly I had such a bad experience with their customer service that I started buying Daiwa AairdX rods at academy and swore off buying more expensive rods. At least for me and your mileage may very, I find way more value in having constantly fresh line with no memory on a reel. I throw a weightless fluke quite a bit so I do see value in a good reel. I can tell a ton of difference between a cheapy shimano and the Diawa zillions I got on clearance at fishing tackle unlimited. I really Want to try a Steez but I can’t bring myself to spend the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X