X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterloo is hard to beat for the price

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

I second the Laguna thought. I have both and prefer the Laguna. Owner of Laguna used to be with Castaway and left after they started using pre-rolled blanks and other components. Opened Laguna so he could still do truly custom work. All that said I just had Castaway replace a tip on an Invicta series rod this week( my fault it borke)no problems, no issues, no charge. I brought it to the showroom though, didnt ship it.

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
        Waterloo is hard to beat for the price

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
        Huh, I was about to post the exact opposite. I have 3 new waterloo's and all 3 broke differently. One of the eye rings broke and the ceramic fell out (used twice), one broke just loading into the cab of my truck (still had the tags on it) and the last had the cork rodbutt fall off on the first use.

I suggest laguna for higher end and falcon for mid end. Never had an issue with them.

Comment

I’ve been a die hard Castaway guy for two and a half decades now. The early built rods were good quality for the money. I have not bought a “box store” model in years. I’ve been fishing the Invicta line for the last six years and buy them at their showroom in town. Good people, great product……their flagship line is the best to be had for the money imo.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Had two skelton's break right around the same area. They gave me trouble for both when I tired to do a warranty claim. Even drove them both to their office. Like others have said, their first models were solid, not a big fan of the new ones. I've been buying fish stix and have been very happy

Comment

My preferences are Falcon and St Croix. I have a ton of older Falcon Silver Series and some of them have been fished hard for 20 plus years. Have never broken one and I consider them as tough as nails. Cara's and Lowriders in the rod box as well and love all of em'.

Comment

It does not take much to break those. Just a small ding with a jig head or weight is a break waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by HiblerZXT35 View Post
                  I second the Laguna thought. I have both and prefer the Laguna. Owner of Laguna used to be with Castaway and left after they started using pre-rolled blanks and other components. Opened Laguna so he could still do truly custom work. All that said I just had Castaway replace a tip on an Invicta series rod this week( my fault it borke)no problems, no issues, no charge. I brought it to the showroom though, didnt ship it.
                  He bought Laguna. Jeff and Danny Neu started Laguna, and the current owner is the second or third that has owned it since Danny and Jeff. They are excellent rods, and I highly recommend them.

Comment

Sorry OP. I was in the same boat. I am sure I bruised it or something. My tip snapped on a crappie hookset.

I had already replaced two eyelets that rusted out.

I have 1 old Falcon that I love, 1 Waterloo that is old but solid, and all the rest of my stuff is Daiwa now.

Lots of good rods out there now. Go to a tackle shop and play with them.

Comment

They are alright rods. I always preferred the all stars over the castaways. There are some great deals of builders that sell direct that beat these “throw away” hands down. One is JB3 rods. They are on Instagram and prolly have a website. They build great stuff and have several options to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The first guide came right off on my cousins Laguna rod, was new never used. I never had issues with St Croix.

Comment

Look at Sarge custom rods.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                            It does not take much to break those. Just a small ding with a jig head or weight is a break waiting to happen.
                            That’s pretty much what Castaway said when I talked to them.
                            I can’t have a little girl rod like that in my boat!

Comment

Get a Sarge or a Laguna. Well worth the money.

Comment

You might try what I do. Haven't rusted an eye or lost an insert. After a good rinse let the rod dry and give each eye a squirter of wd40.

Comment

Working...
                                X