Company not following union contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
    I think you should let someone write the letter for you!

Please, for the love of god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pay up on the 8 - 15 years of union dues and I'm sure the union will take up your cause the next business morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does Sherwin Williams not have a Corporate HR that you can not file a open line complaint.According to the EEOC. Companies are required to post job openings for X amount of days internally. You could also file a EEOC claim for discrimination.Then they will be audited and have to have all there hiring practices looked at. Then if they feel warranted you may get to go before a review board. I would ask the local HR, what they are going to do. Then move forward

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Two? I only see one, and it’s not even at the end of the diatribe. How does one arbitrarily place one period after one sentence but not the other 15 or so sentences? Why just that one sentence???
          LOL! It's like a "Where's Waldo" book only with periods. Definitely 2 in there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
            LOL! It's like a "Where's Waldo" book only with periods. Definitely 2 in there though.
            Okay, you have me buffaloed! I have scanned his original post a dozen times, and all I can find is one lone period after the word, “do.”

Comment

Okay, you have me buffaloed! I have scanned his original post a dozen times, and all I can find is one lone period after the word, “do.”
              If you read it a dozen times obviously you've found 12

Comment

Jimney Christmas, that was the 3rd longest sentence ever written on here.

What happened to periods, comas, question marks, etc. do they not teach these in 4th grade anymore???????

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                  It’s hard to walk away I have 4 weeks vacation and I like my work schedule rotating 12 and I’m on days I have tried to leave before but no verified work no one wants to give me a shot was looking at getting into different line of work but with kids and being major salary winner can’t afford pay cut now
                  4 weeks after 18 years?!?! Thats the chittiest union contract or you are in fact a non-union employee.

Sir, it is time to move over to Behr. There are 10 open positions in Roanoke and at least one of them allows you to occasionally operate a forklift. I checked their benefits also. They have competitive pay, 3 weeks vacation year 1, and educational assistance programs.

Comment

He snuck a random one in at the bottom after "the."

Comment

Something I've learned along the way. If you want something, speak about it. If you've been there 18yrs, your management team probably should have known you wanted that position. TX workforce will be zero help. They are not going to tell your boss you wanted a new job. If I were you I would get my resume ready and be prepared to leave.

Comment

It is not uncommon these days for a company to not follow the contract to a T. As mentioned above this is what the grievance process is used for from my experience. The Texas Workforce isn’t the place to complain about working conditions or contracts. The EEOC is useless most of the time.
                        I worked in union plants for 36 plus years. Nonmembers such as yourself Op still had to be represented but you shouldn’t expect to be represented with the same energy as a paying member. Be honest with yourself and everyone else here if you really did want to join as you stated you would have put forth the effort. You have ridden the coattails of other paying members negotiated benefits all these years from the information you gave us so that’s that. Union member or not a person should give the company their best each day, an honest day of work. Thank goodness I am retired now.
                        Last edited by tps7742; 01-14-2022, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          I loled hard at this.
                          LOL so did I.

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                            I talked to the union about it that day they said we will talk to them and that was it I’m a not a member so they will not fight I’m filing a complaint with Texas workforce and naming them in it as well
                            So basically you are saying you are a non dues paying union member. In other words you are riding the dues paying members coattails? You want everything they work and pay for to be free to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              So basically you are saying you are a non dues paying union member. In other words you are riding the dues paying members coattails? You want everything they work and pay for to be free to you?
                              Why would a union negotiate and agree to sole bargaining rights if they aren’t going to represent everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                Why would a union negotiate and agree to sole bargaining rights if they aren’t going to represent everyone?
                                Maybe they did represent him. You are only hearing his side the story. Not uncommon for rats to lie.

Anyone that meets with mgt without a rep is not in their right mind anyway.
                                Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-14-2022, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X