Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had your residential roof replaced lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following, my wife commented the other day that we lost some tabs due to the high winds, been at least 15 years since this one was put on. Metal might be a good option, since my barn tin is 30+ years old and doesn’t leak.

Comment

Brinkmann Roofing …. They do a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Go metal and leave the old roof on.
        I’ve been looking at this route also but Insurance companies have gotten Wobbly on replacing metal roofs ! The deductible is very high and if it’s cosmetic ( including big dents from hail you’ll just get a small check and either just have to live with it or replace a very expensive roof with the 8k they will give you! Not sure about the numbers but it isn’t good

Comment

Your neighborhood/Friends/Family are your best references for something like a roof job in my opinion. Time in the business is one of the first questions I'd ask.

I have a high school buddy that did mine a couple months ago. Knew Him and His work very well.

The job itself is very easy. There are some smaller details that make some difference when it comes to roof replacement though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            I’ve been looking at this route also but Insurance companies have gotten Wobbly on replacing metal roofs ! The deductible is very high and if it’s cosmetic ( including big dents from hail you’ll just get a small check and either just have to live with it or replace a very expensive roof with the 8k they will give you! Not sure about the numbers but it isn’t good
            Some companies wont even insure a metal roof.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Some companies wont even insure a metal roof.
              Such as? I never dealt with any client that had an issue getting a metal roof insured.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Such as? I never dealt with any client that had an issue getting a metal roof insured.
                I know of two that won’t cover metal roofs, and most others that require more than what is determined to be cosmetic damage. Things could have changed in the last few years. I’ve been with the same company for a long while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Same here. No issue with insurance. We put a metal roof on my daughter’s house about 4 years ago. Did it ourself. Had a softball size hailstorm and it only caused cosmetic damage. It was working perfectly still. Insurance paid for the new roof which we again did. Just called Metal Mart and said ditto on order.

Comment

Top roofing company STX roofing for roof repair, roof replacement commercial roofing and much more! Proudly serving the NE Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I know of two that won’t cover metal roofs, and most others that require more than what is determined to be cosmetic damage. Things could have changed in the last few years. I’ve been with the same company for a long while now.
                      Ahh Jer-James, the contrarian who can never provide specifics.

Comment

Good luck getting a metal roof past the HOA gestapo. Especially in a sub division where you have to get permission to replace your fence.

Comment

Chuy here on TBH did mine. Certainteed roof in Moire black.

Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Chuy here on TBH did mine. Certainteed roof in Moire black.

Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That does look nice. In the plan to do this sometime this year, good info here.

Comment

Working...
                            X