200 Square Foot Tiny Workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobc View Post
    That turned out fantastic sir. I have enjoyed following along.
    Thanks for sticking with this! There's much more to come now that the building is complete.

Originally posted by kmack View Post
    Turned out Goode!

Any specific reason why you hand painted versus using a sprayer? I understand using a brush around the trim, but that was some work with the roller.
    I considered heavily buying a sprayer, but in the end, having no experience with them and not wanting to spend the time to learn, I opted to do it by hand. The rolling actually went really quick. I used decent quality paint and it covered well. I did use cheap rollers, so I simply learned to switch them out more often to keep it moving. I do plan to buy a sprayer for furniture work.

Comment

Nice work, stout build.

Comment

great job! Now the fun begins in using it.

I did notice you have quite a step up to the floor from the ground, at door entry. Are you considering pouring a full or partial ramp across?
        My shop has two 10' sliding doors, one on the end and one on a side. We poured concrete ramps for both and they've been a life-saver moving things in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          great job! Now the fun begins in using it.

I did notice you have quite a step up to the floor from the ground, at door entry. Are you considering pouring a full or partial ramp across?
          My shop has two 10' sliding doors, one on the end and one on a side. We poured concrete ramps for both and they've been a life-saver moving things in and out.
          Thanks! One of my next projects is to build a 10x10 deck off the front, to ease entry, reduce tracking sand into the shop, and to use as an extended work area.

Comment

Looks great!! Can't wait to see the inside projects. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
              Yes, I like them a lot! Since I will not only be working on projects, but filming at the same time, I like that I can tilt the "petals" of each unit to shift light around. In this small space, they are super-bright!
              I forgot to ask where you got them since i've seen several versions.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                I forgot to ask where you got them since i've seen several versions.
                Here is the link to the exact versions I bought:

2 Pack Led Garage Lights 100W Adjustable 6500K

Comment

Fantastic job

Comment

Shopping for a new bandsaw led me down several paths - what do I need? how much should I spend? do I buy new or used?

Ultimately, I decided to build a tool I could grow with, that fit in my relatively small budget. I'm pleased with the results!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_8rffLOCM"]Easy Upgrades for an Inexpensive Band Saw - YouTube[/ame]

I picked up the Porter Cable 14-inch bandsaw at Lowes. To order the Porter cable bandsaw riser block kit, I contacted Porter Cable customer service at 1-888-609-9779 and requested part number XOJX. The kit was around $100 and they shipped it out in just a few days.

I'm hoping to make some small lumber resawing from local logs, so I added the Kreg Bandsaw Fence which looks like it will do nicely. I grabbed a 1/2" blade and 1/4" blade in the larger 105" size.

I'm looking forward to throwing some sawdust with this thing!

Comment

Keeping tools mobile in the tiny workshop is crucial for a usable, organized space. I installed a WEN Mobile Tool Base on my Porter Cable bandsaw so I can easily move it around when I need it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjj7EVUEx8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjj7EVUEx8[/ame]
                      I do have some projects in the works, and I'm looking forward to sharing some craftsmanship more sooner than later. Stay tuned!

Comment

Excellent work!

Comment

I put together a full recap video of the tiny workshop build, and thought y'all may like to see the entire build from beginning to end. Enjoy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ffHUD-n9c"]building my tiny backyard workshop start to finish - YouTube[/ame]

I've been navigating between my 2 Youtube channels, and I'm happy to use my original channel to "introduce" the newer one with this video. Feel free to subscribe to both! I'd love to have you along for the ride - whether it's outdoor living or building stuff.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

As I'm moving all my gear into the shop, I'm striving to keep it all organized, easy to grab, and out of the way. This is an ever-evolving venture, so I put up some french cleat systems all the way around the workshop to give me the flexibility to move and shift things as-needed as I'm figuring out my workflow (as well as buying new stuff).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsblMJHz2xE"]How to Organize a Tiny Workshop - YouTube[/ame]

Most of what I'm showing here is for the small items, and I plan to build more to house things like saws (with blade storage included), small cabinets, and of course, better, more mobile carts for some of my big tools. Stay tuned!

Comment

awesome project. looking great!

Comment

Working...
                                X