Heat vs max stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat vs max stealth

Curious what opinions are on the two and which guys prefer and why?

Both are a stiff vane lending themselves to be much quieter than other vanes. The heats are lower profile than the stealths so in case of clearance issues. Both would be right 3 vane helicals on rampage shafts (5mm).

I’ve used heat vanes for over a year now and have zero complaints. Thinking of swapping to the stealths, longer and taller than heats, to have better accuracy with fixed blades at 70 and 80yds.

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    Curious what opinions are on the two and which guys prefer and why?

Both are a stiff vane lending themselves to be much quieter than other vanes. The heats are lower profile than the stealths so in case of clearance issues. Both would be right 3 vane helicals on rampage shafts (5mm).

I’ve used heat vanes for over a year now and have zero complaints. Thinking of swapping to the stealths, longer and taller than heats, to have better accuracy with fixed blades at 70 and 80yds.

Heats are good vanes but I would highly recommend Q2i Fusion II’s for 3” vanes. I switched to them several years ago for a little more cable clearance and have been very pleased. They have the best bases of any vane I’ve used and I’ve fletched my fair share over the years.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      Heats are good vanes but I would highly recommend Q2i Fusion II’s for 3” vanes. I switched to them several years ago for a little more cable clearance and have been very pleased. They have the best bases of any vane I’ve used and I’ve fletched my fair share over the years.

[emoji1662]
      Are they any different than the rapt-x model they make?

I have tried the rapt-x and was not a fan at all, loud like blazers and not very durable at all in my experience. They didn’t fly bad with magnus stingers but just wasn’t impressed with the noise and durability at all.

Comment

Usually any high profile 2” vane like the two you mentioned will generally be louder than a longer/lower profile counterpart. As far as durability goes I’ve never had an issue with either brand to be honest, if you are referring the vane’s physical integrity. Now if you are talking about bonding that’s a different discussion to unpack.

[emoji1662]

Comment

I rock the Heats because I wasn’t fond of having to use an AAE primer pen. I believe it was “required” for the Stealths? I’ve been happy with the Heats. I’d recommend trying 4-fletch if you need a little more steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
            I rock the Heats because I wasn’t fond of having to use an AAE primer pen. I believe it was “required” for the Stealths? I’ve been happy with the Heats. I’d recommend trying 4-fletch if you need a little more steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That’s the one thing that has me hesitant about trying the stealths, I’ve read that. I use wraps which seem to make vanes stick better in my experience. I will say the one thing I like about the stealths is just the fact they’re a little bit bigger vane made in that stiff material.

Comment

If you don’t want to use the primer pen. Then use the hybrid 26’s, essentially same as the stealths but these are lick and stick

Comment

Heats are great vanes. But if your like me and need all the help you can get to cover up user error then go with the bigger aae vanes. 4 aae hybrid 26’s with helical will steer anything, but 3 with a heavy helical works great

Comment

Working...
                X