My sad story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sad story.

I posted a few pics of this guy earlier this year. I decided to give him 1 more year. He was a regular at one of my sets probably 1/4 of a mile from my front door. I had him at 22 yards first weekend of season and settled my pin behind his shoulder and let down and said come back next year. I went to Kentucky for my annual hunt the 2nd week of November. I returned home in the middle of the night and notice a deer on the opposite side of the road directly across the road from my gate that had been hit by a car (normal occurance here). Next day check trail cam he was there every day until 2 days before my return. Got me thinking about the deer on the highway. No way to know for sure but haven't seen him since.
    Attached Files

I understand that, so many deer on our road it is like slaughter alley.
    Counted over 40 last year alone, less this year but still a bunch.
    I told my wife, I should have just shot a few does(haven't because not too many around) because they are just getting mowed down anyways, such a waste of meat.

Comment

Were the horns cut off or shed early?

Comment

That’s not good!

Comment

Any more pics?
          The bases on the horns appear bigger on your deer.
          Last edited by Rubi513; 12-18-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Any more pics?
            The bases on the horns appear bigger on your deer.

X2

Comment

Trail cam photo shows a white patch under the corner of his nose. It may be the lighting but it doesn’t appear the dead deer has the same spot.

Comment

Sorry man. that sucks. I’d say very likely your buck. Just through common sense deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                  Trail cam photo shows a white patch under the corner of his nose. It may be the lighting but it doesn’t appear the dead deer has the same spot.

Two different sides but good eye.

Comment

Working...
                  X