No announcement yet.

Wimberley to do’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. We talked about zip lining so sounds like that will happen. Lots of other great ideas too. We like to eat and drink so sounds like plenty of good places to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Creekside Cookers and Hays City Store are must does.

Shady Llama is open on weekends. Sunset beers there are pretty epic. Definitely do that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going into town and hitting the shops was kind of cool to do an hour or two of it is plenty but my wife loved it

Comment

Gruene Hall isn’t to far away. Gristmill or Adobe Verde.

Comment

I grew up visiting my grandmother in Wimberley.

7A resort has a neat spot to swim, and a neat little kitchy "pioneer town" thing. I think they charge to park up the hill from the river then walk down. Blue Hole is great, but they limit the number of people in, and it gets packed quick.

There used to be a little store on the square that did hand dipped BlueBell. Ino'z is pretty good, and has a neat deck to sit out on and look down to the creek. Come summer time, the area down by the creek used to get covered up with lightning bugs for the kids to chase.

I second SaltLick for good bbq. But stick to the original location, in Driftwood, not too far away. A pleasant drive down backroads. There's a Winery right there by the turn off to go to SaltLick, and my wife raves about it. They have a tasting room with a terrace over looking the vinyard, where you can sit out and watch the sunset.

Johnson City isn't too far away, and Pedernales Falls SP is a pretty cool place to do some mild hiking if you're into that.

Man do I miss the hill country something fierce.

Comment

Do not listen to the tourists about Salt Lick. It isn't top 20 in the area. Creekside Cookers is as good as the long time meccas in Lockhart and the great new places in Austin. If you want other choices for BBQ go to San Marcos. Hays County BBQ and San Marcos BBQ are as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Do not listen to the tourists about Salt Lick. It isn't top 20 in the area. Creekside Cookers is as good as the long time meccas in Lockhart and the great new places in Austin. If you want other choices for BBQ go to San Marcos. Hays County BBQ and San Marcos BBQ are as good as it gets.

Creekside Cookers was 2 miles from our cabin. Sitting at the bar now listening to live music and cold Shiner in hand. Looking forward to the food that’s on the way. Some wings, brisket and turkey.

Comment

Did y'all go fishing already?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    Creekside Cookers was 2 miles from our cabin. Sitting at the bar now listening to live music and cold Shiner in hand. Looking forward to the food that’s on the way. Some wings, brisket and turkey.

Nice. The turkey and brisket are both very good.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Did y'all go fishing already?

No, just got here. Fishing is slated for Tuesday morning. Weather looks great all week. Juuust a little chilly right now but I’m in shorts and T-shirt. Tomorrow is Old Baldy and bouncing around to some bars. A lot of stuff is closed Mon and Tues.

Comment

10-4 looking forward to y'alls report.

Comment

Best Italian restaurant in southern Central Texas is just 15 mins out of Wemberly. Trattoria Lisnia is out Old Kyle Rd about 9miles then left on hwy. 150 go about 4.5 miles on the right. Really good food, great wine, definitely a fine dining place. Might want to think about some reservations if y'all to go. Monthly trip for us from New Braunfels, never disappointed.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Fla. Fatboy View Post
                            Best Italian restaurant in southern Central Texas is just 15 mins out of Wemberly. Trattoria Lisnia is out Old Kyle Rd about 9miles then left on hwy. 150 go about 4.5 miles on the right. Really good food, great wine, definitely a fine dining place. Might want to think about some reservations if y'all to go. Monthly trip for us from New Braunfels, never disappointed.

Ed

Wife made us reservations there for Wednesday night I believe. Looking forward to it.

Comment

We just got back from staying right on the Blanco last weekend in Wimberley. Our list:

1. Jacob's Well: No reservations needed (swimming is closed), nice easy hike to spring and cool little nature area.

2. EAT AT LONGLEAF CRAFT KITCHEN!!!! Awesome food and owner Steve is really cool. Have The Drifter Sotol cocktail, (you will thank me) and the fried olives (actually everything we ate was awesome). (Wimberley Square). Shops on the Square are open, but it took us about 30 minutes to see all we wanted there.

3. If coffee is your thing, my girlfriend the German coffee drinking machine liked the 4 shot expresso from Cypress Creek Coffee House @ Wimberley Square.

4. Cypress Creek Reserve Rum Distillery is a bit underwhelming, (no tours currently) but good rum.

5. Limestone Terrace Vineyard. Awesome place and people, wines are amazing!!

6. Wimberley Valley was too big and impersonal and I really only liked one of their wines.

7. Driftwood Estate Winery is awesome with great views and LONG wait times for tastings. Fall Creek is great as well.

8. Twisted X Brewing Co is really cool with outdoor seating, games and an awesome firepit.

9. Desert Door Distillery. Go there for Sotol tasting and then buy a bottle to make The Drifter at home!!

10. Your dinner on Wednesday at Trattoria Lisina will be the best!!

Luckenbach is only 45 minutes away as is Johnson City, Stonewall and Fredericksburg and a million other wineries. Also the Texas Hill County Olive Co and Solaro Estate Winery are right up the road north of Dripping Springs.
                              Last edited by ren087; 03-08-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I've lived here 20 years and never been to a single winery. Lol. That doesn't even sound fun. I'll stick to Hays City Store and Creekside.

Comment

Working...
                                X