6.5 Creedmoor Hornady Superformance Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Creedmoor Hornady Superformance Accuracy

I finally got a chance to shoot some Hornady Superformance 6.5 creed 129 grain and man, that stuff is solid! I usually buy the cheap stuff, lol. First time shooting the rifle, ammo, and scope. Suppressor was used previously.

Savage Axis II SR (18.5" Barrel)
    YHM Resonator R2 suppressor
    Sightmark Wraith HD (not 4K)
    Hornady Superformance 129 grain

I shot 5 total -- 4 rounds from the magazine plus 1 in the pipe -- into .75" from 100 off the back of my mule. That ammo in a cheap rifle gets it done...

Awesome. I’ve never had any luck with the Superformance personally but glad it’s working for you. Hope you can find more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Awesome. I’ve never had any luck with the Superformance personally but glad it’s working for you. Hope you can find more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What he said. My RAP was a 3/4" gun in the beginning with cheap Hornady Black. Superformance was about 2.5".

Comment

I just swapped for a couple boxes of superformance with the 129 SST bullets. Shot a 4 shot group last week. They measured .868".
        Also shot a 5 shot group of Hornady Match white that measured .328".
        Hornady Black got a 5 shot group into .688"
        Winchester Super X 129 Power Point gave me about 2" groups.
        Ammo makes a huge difference. So far, my rifle likes just about anything Hornady, and prefers the 140 grain. It also shoots sub-moa groups with Federal 140.
        The rifle is also a "cheap" rifle. TC Compass II that I paid $279 for.

Comment

Interesting... Since this is the first time shooting the savage, I'll have to try other ammo. Obviously sub MOA out of anything is solid as it is certainly minute of hog ear-hole. If ammo ever returns to normal, I had great luck with the cheaper 140 grain in my previous "long barrel" 6.5 so maybe those will do as well in this one as well.

Comment

Working...
          X