Question for people with crossbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for people with crossbows

Question for y’all. When my boys hunt with the crossbow I usually cock it when we get in the stand. How long have you left one cocked? If cocked to long can it stretch the string and weaken the limbs? Just curious..... thanks.

I unlock mine after each hunt but I would ask your manufacturer. Technically I do not have the correct answer for your actual question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I left mine for a week one time. Didn’t hurt it. I have heard of people leaving cocked for the entire season.

Comment

I de-cock after each hunt. Have left mine cocked 4ish hours or more with no problems

Comment

We take a decocking bolt with us and shoot it after every Hunt.

Comment

I decock after hunt. Not sure if required but keeps a freak accident from happening.

Comment

I left one cocked for a full day one time and it changed the point of impact by a foot at 30yrds and the bow was noticeably slower.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                I left one cocked for a full day one time and it changed the point of impact by a foot at 30yrds and the bow was noticeably slower.
                Serious? What brand and model please?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  We take a decocking bolt with us and shoot it after every Hunt.
                  Same, although I've left it cocked overnight before and it still shoots fine

Comment

I used my wife’s Mission Sniper Lite last year a couple times left it cocked all day no issues have to shoot it to uncock it. My Mission Sub 1 Lite has the ability to decock I sure like being able to uncock it when I get out of the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                      Serious? What brand and model please?
                      It was a wicked ridge I think they are made by 10pt. Don’t remember the model I got rid of it ASAP

**Correction it was a carbon express not sure of the model. **
                      Last edited by sharkhunter; 10-30-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I cock mind at the beginning of a stand hunt and shoot it into a small target when I am done. Stays unlocked when I store it.

Comment

My wife uncocks hers by killing something with it at the end of each hunt.

Comment

i left one cocked and in the tree one time. next morning shot my target buck at 5 yards and it sounded real funny when i shot. watched the arrow penetrate about 4 inches right behind his shoulder. he ran off, no blood, no bolt and no buck to ever be seen again. could have been the cold, or dew who knows but it felt like it was shot with a rubber band.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                              It was a wicked ridge I think they are made by 10pt. Don’t remember the model I got rid of it ASAP
                              Who did you sell it to?

Comment

Working...
                              X