Utility Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility Trailer

I am wanting to purchase a new utility trailer. Single axle in either 12 or 14 foot. Have looked and pulled a CM, Big Tex, and hoping to receive a quote from out of state Gator Trailers. What else are you guys pulling that you like. Looking for either a pipe top or square tubing rail, and I really like the half gate or fold in half gate like the CM comes with. Also hoping to get it in a charcoal color to match my truck than the traditional black powder coat.

What is everyone else hooking up?

I've got a 12' pipe top Kearney that has been a great trailer.

Comment

I really like my Ranch King with a folding gate.

Comment

I like my 16' Top Hat I bought from a fellow TBHr. Light weight to where it's barely felt when empty and handles my sub-compact tractor very well.

Comment

Check out the Delco trailers, picked one up to haul the mule around, has the 4ft gate since I could see a finger getting hung in the bifold gate setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently bought a 16’ ranch king and i have been very happy with it so far.

Comment

If you’re willing to drive a little ways the best I’ve been able to find was in Petty at AAA Trailer. They built a 12’ pipe top utility with bifold gate and a toolbox all painted charcoal gray to match my truck. It’s been over three years. I pull it several times a week and sometimes back and forth to Tennessee and couldn’t be happier.

I drove from Crosby to get it and would do the exact same in a heartbeat if I need another one.

Comment

I don't know what all you're gonna haul, but consider the type with the ramp on back and the short gate. It makes everything easier to load, especially a riding lawnmower. The short gate is easy to lift and catches much less air. Another good add-on is a swivel jack so that you don't hang it (and bend it) if you cross a ditch. Those are two things I wouldn't do without.

Comment

I would also suggest dual axels, pulls much better and you always have a spare if your not maxed out.

Comment

Come get this one.12'x6 1/2.Automotive paint,wheels etc.I'm about to put it up for sale.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat this trailer. Wrapped tounge, diamond plate fenders, bi-fold gate....
                      I have a 6x12 single axle. Sometimes wish I woulda got a tandem.

http://ranchkingtexas.com/home/produ...ory/1///id/41/

Comment

1. I hate single axle trailers. Tandems pull so much nicer.

2. I don't see the point in a bi-fold gate. If it's expanded metal, it's not catching much air anyways.
                        Also the tall tailgate helps to see the trailer behind you when backing it while empty.

We have a nice 12' Tandem trailer bought from a member here. Pulls great and is handy to have around
                        Last edited by DirtyDave; 05-28-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Ranch King

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                            1. I hate single axle trailers. Tandems pull so much nicer.

2. I don't see the point in a bi-fold gate. If it's expanded metal, it's not catching much air anyways.
                            Also the tall tailgate helps to see the trailer behind you when backing it while empty.

We have a nice 12' Tandem trailer bought from a member here. Pulls great and is handy to have around
                            1. I agree, tandems pull much better than single axles

2. My ranger crew wouldn't fit on a 12' trailer without a bi-fold ramp

Comment

Working...
                            X