Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
    Speaking of steel companies and cost, I have a Mechanical Engineer from India over here spending a month trailing me for his career development.

We were pricing getting some pipe hanger straps fabricated to support an FRP 54" water pipe and the cost for the job is quoted at 24k for the steel. 705 lbs of steel.

We calculated out at $34.00 per pound of steel with fabrication included.

We used his cost for steel in India and the quote would come in at $2115.00 at 3 usd per pound.

What guy on that stage, can markedly improve that scenario to bring steel companies back to the USA?
    Depending on the requirements of the bid a good portion of the cost is in paperwork and certification. Hot roll steel is running about 40 cent a pound. We run into this all the time, actual manufacturing cost is only 1/2 the selling price.

Comment

I watched the whole thing with my 4 teenagers (we've watched every debate together so far), and I thought Cruz won, but then I'm biased, of course. I spent half an hour looking at twitter comments from people who watched the debate and I was frankly shocked at how many people thought that Cruz not only won the debate, but dominated it. I'm talking about GOP Establishment people and Rubio fanboys, people who don't normally like to say anything nice about Cruz. They thought this was his best debate of the campaign and he won hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
        I watched the whole thing with my 4 teenagers (we've watched every debate together so far), and I thought Cruz won, but then I'm biased, of course. I spent half an hour looking at twitter comments from people who watched the debate and I was frankly shocked at how many people thought that Cruz not only won the debate, but dominated it. I'm talking about GOP Establishment people and Rubio fanboys, people who don't normally like to say anything nice about Cruz. They thought this was his best debate of the campaign and he won hands down.

Really? His best debate? Whatever they are drinking/smoking send me some please. I just finished the debate. Had to watch it DVR, No twitter, or other influences. I saw Cruz dodge more questions than a boxer dodge punches, and I like Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post

You have got to be kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
            Who do you think won?

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
              I just don't see how people see Trump as being viable or even remotely trustworthy.
              I heard on Mark Levin that Trump did well on the states with open primaries (anyone can vote in either repug or dim primary) and Cruz did well on closed primary states.
              Perhaps dims voting in
              repug primary for Trump in order to get the best possible opponent for shrillary.
              Most of the upcoming primaries are in states with closed primaries. Could see a swing toward Cruz.

Comment

Click this link to read the article from Washington Post than Levin cited
                Last edited by Brute Killer; 03-04-2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                  Really? His best debate? Whatever they are drinking/smoking send me some please. I just finished the debate. Had to watch it DVR, No twitter, or other influences. I saw Cruz dodge more questions than a boxer dodge punches, and I like Cruz.
                  I noticed that also.

Comment

Agreed, I voted cruz and I was highly disappointed in his performance. He seemed more worried about personal attacks than answering questions. That and I don't know why he didn't pounce on Rubio and try to take him out instead of trump. The whole thing was weird and hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by strait shooter View Post
                      This is embarrassing tonight between Marco and Donald.
                      All i saw of the debate was news clips.......most embarrassing display in recorded history of a political debate.

Comment

Yep, by far his best debate, I saw a bunch of people saying that, including some who are more Establishment types and Cruz really is not their first choice. Couldn't believe how much praise he was getting from those types.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                          Nope, not kidding.

Comment

Kasich actual has a good plan and experience in executing such a plan.

He caught my attention awhile ago and unfortunately he hasn't received the attention he deserves. The Media is more interested in ratings and covering the Trump/Rubio/Cruz match results in ratings.

Comment

Trumph did a great job with personal attacks to avoid answering any specifics. You can always spot the guy thats full-o-crap. Cruz did a great job making the point about releasing the "off the record" immigration interview. Trump was sounding like Rainman trying to cover his tracks. Trumph calling Cruz and Rubio liars was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Kasich actual has a good plan and experience in executing such a plan.

He caught my attention awhile ago and unfortunately he hasn't received the attention he deserves. The Media is more interested in ratings and covering the Trump/Rubio/Cruz match results in ratings.
                                Is there anything that Kasich wasn't done? How long has that man been in politics....40 years?

He reminds me of a third string punter on a Championship NFL team.

Comment

Working...
                                X