• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever picked up a hitchhiker?

i have not. But thought about it.

Never.

Comment

A couple times ... Never a long ride. - Nothing exciting came from it.

Comment

no but I jumped in the back of a pickup to get across the bridge over redfish bay ! I stuck my truck in the mud and had to start that walk to get my buddies truck. That bridge is downright scary.... no room to walk on the side and 100ft down. Someone pulled over and asked if we needed a ride ? Sure, but I'll get in the back !

Comment

it was pouring down rain and a hitch hiker was walking down the hwy, stopped the truck and said going toward east texas welcome to jump in the back of truck, said yes and took him about 40 miles till we were cutting off hwy and he jumped out,1st and only time.

Comment

i remember when i was a kid my pawpaw would pick hitchhikers up all the time.

Comment

Yeah, one time. Few years ago. Driving down the road with my girlfriend at the time and saw a pregnant woman walking down the shoulder of the road. She looked like she was a week or two from popping. Took her home and scored some bonus points with my girl!

Comment

Not in these parts but in remote areas I have. North Georgia backpackers trying to get back to their car. Old dude in Idaho who ran out of gas.

Comment

A hitchhicker is just a person without a car.

Comment

Well, once there was this guy standing outside the prison...

J/K

There are a couple of guys around here that either walk or hitch-hike as their sole means of transport. These guys cover long distances too. Talking 10 to 20+ miles one way. Thought about picking them up once or twice, but the truck is always full. Plus, you never really know about people either. Its a shame that today's world is the way it is, and we cant trust our fellow man, even if we are trying to help.

Comment

once, a long time ago. different times today, sadly

Comment

I do it when I can

Comment

Yep gave one a couple hr ride before. No problems and he even rode shotgun. Not sure if it was truth but the old man had some pretty cool stories.

Comment

i usually do. i have picked up atleast 30 people in my 14 years of driving most of the time they have interesting stories to tell.

Comment

Once. Me and a friend were headed to a town about 50 miles away to see a couple of girls we had met the week before. There was a guy hitchhiking right outside of our home town, and we stopped to pick him up. He had a long duffle bag, and when he got in the car and dropped the duffle bag, it sounded like metal. I'm thinking guns or something. I asked him what he had in the bag and he told me none of your f ing Buisness.

Well, we get down the road 20 miles or so and my buddy says to the guy that we really don't care what's in the bag, but we were just curious because it sounded heavy and metallic. The guy once again said none of your f ing Buisness, but alittle more sternly this time. Needless to say, my buddy and I were a bit uneasy.

We get about 10 miles from the town we were headed to and this guy says he needs to use the restroom. We stop at a convenient store and all get out. Me and my buddy grab something to drink and go back to the car. We are sitting there talking about how uncomfortable this situation is and my buddy said let's just go and leave his butt here. The guys bag is still in the car and we take off and leave the hitchhiker there.

No more hitchhikers for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X