No announcement yet.

Help me plan for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you have the most deer sign that's where I would set up and as far away from any roads as possible.

Comment

I’d get as many blinds as possible on those fence lines.... Have fun w your project

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        I’d get as many blinds as possible on those fence lines.... Have fun w your project
        Thats funny right there. The land to the north of us is owned by an old lady. we have tried to buy herm and for the past 10 years. We may be able to get it in a couple years when her son gets it. The land to the west is a guy who shoots pigs only. we own everything to the south and east

Comment

Not knowing how wide & long the property is, i'd be tempted to try something like this. The two red locations are where i'd set up feeder pens. Close to roads so they're easy to fill, and around "edges". The two lime greenish spots are where i'd set bow tripods. If you're going to do any gun hunting, i'd set a tripod where the purple dot is.

I'm a big believer in road feeders. These locations will give the opportunity to use road feeders in close proximity to your spots. The gun spot will give you good visibility, and again a lot of opportunity for road feeder usage. I'd give the deer the woods for cover. Note: If those are oak trees, i'd probably try to find a spot somewhere in the midst of them for when the acorns are falling. I'd try to stay away from the perimeter so as to have good fence line etiquette.

Good luck.
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	71F072B8-E985-412A-BB2D-ACA2783235C3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	24600656

i'd set up stands or ground blinds on the yellow stars and play the wind

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

950 yards by 430

Comment

pretty good ideas. I can actually see some of the sets now.

Comment

You going to put any food plots in the open spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                      You going to put any food plots in the open spaces?
                      Not now. Still turn cattle in there

Comment

Working...
                      X