Coffee! Regular, unleaded, flavored ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    After seeing a few posts here about using a Percolater to make coffee, it got me interested in the process. I checked on Amazon and found a Farberware pot that was nice and I ordered it. Today I stopped by my moms house, the “Antique Palace” and mentioned percolating coffee to here. She had 3 really old pots sitting on a shelf. She gave me this porcelain Pyrex pot that appears to be pretty old. All the internals were still in it and together. I have it on the stove right now giving it a test run to see how it works. I’ve never made coffee this way to I’m just guessing. I used 5 cups of water and 5 tablespoons of coffee. We will see how it goes.

Yup, that looks a lot like the one my dad used . Nothing smells better to me than coffee brewing in one of those pots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      After seeing a few posts here about using a Percolater to make coffee, it got me interested in the process. I checked on Amazon and found a Farberware pot that was nice and I ordered it. Today I stopped by my moms house, the “Antique Palace” and mentioned percolating coffee to here. She had 3 really old pots sitting on a shelf. She gave me this porcelain Pyrex pot that appears to be pretty old. All the internals were still in it and together. I have it on the stove right now giving it a test run to see how it works. I’ve never made coffee this way to I’m just guessing. I used 5 cups of water and 5 tablespoons of coffee. We will see how it goes.
      Totally great score, those are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        So I've ruined the two percolators I've had over campfires. Got so hot the handles melt, or the glass top part breaks. There a trick to this or just the "that was too much" line?
        I don’t know if this will help you any at all since I’m not making it on a campfire, but I set this one on medium heat (not sure what that translates to in coals) and it took 7 minutes to start rolling. Then I let it “percolate” for 7 more minutes. I used a cup of water to a tablespoon of coffee. Seems to be about right for me, but I’m no coffee snob so my taste buds aren’t refined to the proper brew.

Comment

Trivet

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          So I've ruined the two percolators I've had over campfires. Got so hot the handles melt, or the glass top part breaks. There a trick to this or just the "that was too much" line?
          You have to use a scoop of coals and a trivet or you might ruin your pot straight up in fire

Follow the video for open fire percolating
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-16-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Black Rifle Coffee Company!! Freedom fuel is my favorite one. Great company with a great mission

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              You have to use a scoop of coals and a trivet or you might ruin your pot straight up in fire
              https://kentrollins.com/shop-1/Horse...ivet-p84994751
              I burnt 4 cans of biscuits on the side of a mountain in Colorado trying to master biscuits in a Dutch oven. By the time I got to that 5th can, I had that **** down to a fine science. We didn’t have anymore biscuits for the rest of the hunt, but we had them that morning.

Comment

Coffee?

If I'm grinding:
                #1 Big Bend Coffee Roasters - West Texas Wildfire
                #2 Dark Roast beans from Moab Coffee roaster Moab, Utah

If I don't want to grind:
                60% Community Coffee mixed with 40% New Orleans Chicory

If I'm in a hurry:
                Star bucks instant or two packs Folger's instant

If I'm traveling:
                #1 Starbucks Americano or a Redeye
                #2 The Bean, Moberly, Missouri - a Shot in the Dark or an Americano
                #3 McDonalds Coffee or America no

If I'm showing off in camp:
                Coleman aluminum percolator, bottled water, Community coffee /chicory blend (from above), add two eggs and have boiled eggs with your coffee. Supposedly the egg shell reduces acidity...

Comment

Also, a glass coffee press with good beans ground with good water at about 190f is hard to beat

Comment

Totally great score, those are awesome
                    I saw a little aluminum Coleman percolator in the park store in Big Bend. I picked it up and it makes the best coffee for some reason. I have since bought bigger/better percolators including old school styles but for some reason coffee taste better in the little Coleman. Perhaps its the location I usually am at when I'm using it....

Comment

French press on the weekends or days off. Makes the filtered coffee taste like caca.

Comment

Follow the video for open fire percolating
                        https://youtu.be/aR9zJAyliGs
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          HEB Texas Pecan
                          Oh This is Good

Comment

Straight black. All those creamers really aren't good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              never have acquired a taste for coffee... it's all nasty to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              Me too I'll take a large glass of milk instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X