Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Till next year.

Comment

I still can’t believe it was the last game at that ballpark. It still seems brand new to me. Remember watching Igor taking batting practice in there with a hard hat on while it was still under construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        I still can’t believe it was the last game at that ballpark. It still seems brand new to me. Remember watching Igor taking batting practice in there with a hard hat on while it was still under construction.

I had season tickets for the first season. 1994 or 95 if I recall correctly. Time flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Seeing all these old Rangers is awesome!

My guy Will Clark even showed up.

They’ve all been eating well.
          He is one of my all-time favorites. He played and managed the club house exactly as it should have been done. Something's been lost with the current generation of players.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Saw Jon Daniels on a flight to Phoenix the other day. About 6 inches from greatness as I passed him on the plane a few weeks ago! Same day news broke they shut down Gallo. I imagine he was going to Surprise to tell him in person.

It got me to thinking...Are y'all fans of JD?

I love the guy, think he has done wonders for our franchise and I believe that he's extremely smart and relies on the right people for scouting. I think what we're feeling now is the effects of selling everything for our 2 world series visits and being in contention through most of the 2010's. I have faith that JD will get us back to the promise land and is currently making the correct moves to get us there.

What about y'all?
            I have suspicions about JD. His record is horrible minus 2010 to about 2013. It's the people you put around you that makes championships and he has shown he can do that but most of his tenure has been serious misses. See Jeff banister and Doug brocail. Most people love him, so I'm probably the common denominator here....

Comment

Lotsa clubs needing managers ...

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with Woodward, or JD....but I'd fire either of them for Joe Madden, RIGHT NOW!

Comment

Brad ausmunch just got fired from the reds . So..hes available too

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Brad ausmunch just got fired from the reds . So..hes available too

I wonder if Arte money whips Joe?

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Solid lineup of greatness....with the exception of Felix and Hank Blalock. Give me a break

Would love to have seen Gonzo show up.

Comment

Just listened to a radio segment on the state of the Rangers. Short take, this thing may be a cluster for many more seasons. IF there is a rebuild plan, it's not apparent to me. Is it to any of y'all? Signs of life?

It may be JD or ownership (it's one or both of them though) that's caused the breakdown, hard to put your finger on it. After all the ridiculous hall of fame shenanigans this year, new stadium (a roof could have been built on the current beauty), player misses, coaching misses, fake grass gate, etc.. unfortunately when I look at that organization I see a three ring circus. With circus music and all....

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                            Just listened to a radio segment on the state of the Rangers. Short take, this thing may be a cluster for many more seasons. IF there is a rebuild plan, it's not apparent to me. Is it to any of y'all? Signs of life?

It may be JD or ownership (it's one or both of them though) that's caused the breakdown, hard to put your finger on it. After all the ridiculous hall of fame shenanigans this year, new stadium (a roof could have been built on the current beauty), player misses, coaching misses, fake grass gate, etc.. unfortunately when I look at that organization I see a three ring circus. With circus music and all....
                            Roof actually could not have been built on the current stadium, I've been told. Cost-prohibitive (yes, I realize the new stadium is super expensive).

I agree the HOF stuff was a little weird this season. Mainly, that if Michael Young was going in, he should've gone in before Beltre. It was like they forgot about him and threw him in at the last minute to make sure he got inducted in the old stadium.

Every team misses on players, and a lot miss on coaches. The Rangers really like Woodward, and I think you'd have to agree that Minor and Lynn were anything but "misses". When you operate a business with hundreds to thousands of employees, you're going to have hits and misses--that's how business go.

Can you be a little more specific about the three ring circus?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                              Roof actually could not have been built on the current stadium, I've been told. Cost-prohibitive (yes, I realize the new stadium is super expensive).

I agree the HOF stuff was a little weird this season. Mainly, that if Michael Young was going in, he should've gone in before Beltre. It was like they forgot about him and threw him in at the last minute to make sure he got inducted in the old stadium.

Every team misses on players, and a lot miss on coaches. The Rangers really like Woodward, and I think you'd have to agree that Minor and Lynn were anything but "misses". When you operate a business with hundreds to thousands of employees, you're going to have hits and misses--that's how business go.

Can you be a little more specific about the three ring circus?
                              Minor and Lynn made for a watchable game every time they started. In a rebuild, you pray for guys like that, to get you through the year or trade for prospects.i agree that was a hit.

Three ring circus, Arlington, cowboys stadium, six flags, wet n wild... you know, another entertainment gimmick, two new pro baseball stadiums, side by side.... one may be used as a pro football stadium, next to the other new football stadium.... it's a circus. Not that that excludes future pennants and world series trophies, um but...

Oh, and the bowling hall of fame.

Comment

It just doesn't look like a rebuild at this point or a desire to play serious championship baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X