UTV Bed Winches ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Brandon, been thinking about getting one of those myself... I've known a few guys that have them on ATV's and they seem to work OK... Not sure how they'd hold up to rugged mud/water exposure, but on the roll cage, that should be minimized...
    I have a WARN on the front for the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      Do you have a front winch ? Is so put 2 pulleys in your roll cage and use the winch in the front
      I thought about that but me light bars will interfere

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Top of the Roll cage is a good idea.

Anybody have any experience with the winches from Harbor Frieght? I don’t want to break the bank on some thing that isnt going to be use all to often.
        That’s what I had on my Ranger. I figured a cheap winch would be fine for the few times I’d use it. It worked fine. I had a steel top on my Ranger with some overhang on the front and back and I mounted the winch under the top to keep it out of the weather as much as possible. Got a plastic roof now, so it’s plan B or make another steel roof. Leaning toward the latter.

Comment

This works great. Drop the tailgate, tilt the bed, and winch your animal into the bed. Harbor freight winch with a wireless remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Theoxrack.com

That's it

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post

This works great. Drop the tailgate, tilt the bed, and winch your animal into the bed. Harbor freight winch with a wireless remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That’s the winch I was looking at. How did you run the power to the battery?

Comment

That’s the winch I was looking at. How did you run the power to the battery?
                I just zip-tied the cable to the roll cage.

Beware though...I need to install a cutoff switch. Ever since I installed it it drains my battery. I think it’s because the wireless transmitter in the box is always powered. It doesn’t matter as long as I use the SxS often, but if it sits for about a month it will be dead.

Comment

I use the same one on my Jeep as a suck down winch. You can hardwire a control to it and eliminate the wireless feature. I removed all but 10 feet of cable on mine and it's a little power house.

Comment

Beware though...I need to install a cutoff switch. Ever since I installed it it drains my battery. I think it’s because the wireless transmitter in the box is always powered. It doesn’t matter as long as I use the SxS often, but if it sits for about a month it will be dead.
                    Yup. I have the same cheapo winch on the back of a jeep hoist. I wired it to a Min-kota trolling motor battery box and only attach negative terminal when I use it.

Comment

Thanks for that. Did you attach the scare tubing to the roll cage with U bolts?

Comment

Thanks for that. Did you attach the scare tubing to the roll cage with U bolts?
                        It’s actually a piece of c-channel, and yes I used U bolts. I couldn’t convince myself to weld on my new buggy.

Comment

Are you guys running an aux battery for these?

Comment

Taking notes here. Ain’t as stout as I once was.
                            I use a “rack” (carrier) on the back of my truck for this reason.
                            But on big boars I rope their upper jaw and drag them. They drag easy head first.

Comment

[QUOTE=WTucker;14391392]It’s actually a piece of c-channel, and yes I used U bolts. I couldn’t convince myself to weld on my new buggy.[/QUOT

I like the idea, and need to do this. However, I have a Mule so I need to do some looking and figuring. Yeah and I aint welding on a brand new mule either. That c channel is 3 or 4 inch wide?

Do you think a sealed 12v motorcycle battery would have enough amps to run one of them winches? I aint sure I want to run it off the Mule battery

Comment

I use a 9K winch from harbor fright for a hay spear on one of my flatbeds. Been great but the wireless ads on remotes they have are junk. Zero problems for 2+ years on the winch. Also use it on one of my goosenecks. Also have a champion winch that has worked great as well. Tractor supply winches aren’t much more and better quality I think...

Comment

Working...
                                X