UTV Bed Winches ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV Bed Winches ideas

Just picked up a 2020 Can Am and wanting to mount a winch in the bed. Can Am has one that’s pretty cool but not $579 nice. Looking at building my own. Let’s see some ideas

Good idea

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4515D5B1-6A27-4BBA-AA4B-DE337D1FAB31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24592897

This is Can Am version and similar to the route I’m looking at going

Comment

I mounted one up high on the roll cage. It works good and is out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          [ATTACH]973785[/ATTACH]

This is Can Am version and similar to the route I’m looking at going

That is pretty cool. Is it set up for easy detach? I can’t tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
            That is pretty cool. Is it set up for easy detach? I can’t tell.

I can’t tell either. I want to make mine to where you can remove it when not needed

Comment

I have a new Can-Am HD10 XMR (with a front winch/bumper). Why would you mount that winch in the rear like that? It’s bolted/connected to the plastic bed. What good is that going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                I have a new Can-Am HD10 XMR (with a front winch/bumper). Why would you mount that winch in the rear like that? It’s bolted/connected to the plastic bed. What good is that going to be?
                Pull deer into the bed etc.
                Last edited by BrandonA; 09-25-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                  Ever try to load a 200 lb. hog by yourself ? Even a 150 lb. deer is tough for me at 72 years old. I had one under my steel roof on my Ranger, but I haven’t put one on the Can-Am yet. You can bet there will be one though. Tilt that bed, use a short piece of plywood for a ramp and it’s easy peasy !

Comment

Most all UTV's in the mountain states have a winch mounted to the top of the roll cage in the back that is used to load large game onto the back of the UTV. I've been wanting to add one to my Honda Pioneer to load deer/hogs when I'm by myself. Right now, I have a block and tackle that I use to load dead animals. A winch sure would be nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Most all UTV's in the mountain states have a winch mounted to the top of the roll cage in the back that is used to load large game onto the back of the UTV. I've been wanting to add one to my Honda Pioneer to load deer/hogs when I'm by myself. Right now, I have a block and tackle that I use to load dead animals. A winch sure would be nice!!
                      Top of the Roll cage is a good idea.

Anybody have any experience with the winches from Harbor Frieght? I don’t want to break the bank on some thing that isnt going to be use all to often.

Comment

Brandon, been thinking about getting one of those myself... I've known a few guys that have them on ATV's and they seem to work OK... Not sure how they'd hold up to rugged mud/water exposure, but on the roll cage, that should be minimized...

Comment

Do you have a front winch ? Is so put 2 pulleys in your roll cage and use the winch in the front

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Top of the Roll cage is a good idea.

Anybody have any experience with the winches from Harbor Frieght? I don’t want to break the bank on some thing that isnt going to be use all to often.

That is what we put on Pop’s Kubota. Has worked great so far.

Comment

I saw a nice lift that attached to the front and used the winch to operate. If it wasn't loaded with game, you could put coolers and supplies on it. Looked nice as well. I'll see if I can find the manufacturer

Comment

Working...
                              X