TDHA Banded Bird Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDHA Banded Bird Challenge

Just learned about the Texas Dove Hunters Association Banded Bird Challenge. It's sort of similar to CCA Star tourney but with banded dove. Problem is they only band Eurasian collared dove, and I haven't seen any of those here in Central TX (San Marcos/New Braunfels). Only ones I've seen were in North TX.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has seen alot of collared dove in Central TX and I'm the exception, or if they aren't here. Don't want to pay $20 to enter the challenge for nothing cause I don't plan on hunting much or at all in North TX. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about it but I would use that $20 to buy more shells to shoot them.
    To me the stupid part about the whole deal is why would anyone band a Eurasian dove and then let it go! Those things are shoot on sight or as the case may be, throw an 8 iron at one at Fossil Creek.

Comment

I don't think the ECD's even move around much. So whoever's hunting where they banded the birds is most likely who's going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
        I don't think the ECD's even move around much. So whoever's hunting where they banded the birds is most likely who's going to win.
        This is my reasoning too. Most collared's seem to be in residential or commercial areas.

Comment

There's been a few flying around my house here in Cameron county.

Comment

I saw 2 in Cisco last weekend

Comment

We got quite a few in brazos county

Comment

We have millions in Western OK where we hunt.
                Does the bird have to be shot on Texas? If I kill 1 of their Texas banded birds in OK does it count?

Comment

MadHatter, no it only counts if it was killed in Texas. Says if outside Texas you receive a "harvest pack" (whatever that is) in recognition of participating but it's not eligible for actual prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                    MadHatter, no it only counts if it was killed in Texas. Says if outside Texas you receive a "harvest pack" (whatever that is) in recognition of participating but it's not eligible for actual prizes.

Yeah, recieved several of those over the years. A certificate, golden band, info about that particular bird, yada yada.
                    Would be cool to shoot one of the banded ones in Texas though. Odds are probably worse than the STAR though.

Comment

Check in front of the IHOP at Exit 610 in Seguin--

Comment

Saw some yesterday in San Marcos

Comment

The bird must have a tdha band on it. And I am betting it must be the current year band.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                            The bird must have a tdha band on it. And I am betting it must be the current year band.
                            To get in the drawing the band can be current year, 2018, or 2017. But Im sure the truck is current year since it's a predetermined number.

Comment

My local Walmart has a ton of them. But Burleson PD might get upset if I set up on them.

They can be shot year round and no limits in Texas. Smart and FishNdude have an annual trip they started out in west Texas for these in late spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X