How to get rid of flies!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back yard is infested with flies right now, does anyone know of any way to get rid of them? They are all over the dog food and any time I open the back door we get them in the house. It’s driving me crazy

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    My back yard is infested with flies right now, does anyone know of any way to get rid of them? They are all over the dog food and any time I open the back door we get them in the house. It’s driving me crazy

Do you have a chicken coop, compost pile or kids that for some reason can’t close doors?
    Here’s my strategy. After dark I turn off all the lights in the house except for the bathroom. All the flys make there way in there. Shut the door and commence with the killing spree. The inter webs is full of DIY fly traps that work well.

Good luck!

Comment

Bug zapper. Works wonders

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a part time taxidermy business and we also have chickens. Last year the flies were horrible. This year I waged war on them with the first one I saw and they havent been that bad because I have kept up with them.

Go to the feed store or tractor supply and get several traps and granuals to put out. Also get after them with a fly swatter.

Comment

Isn't Golden Malrin made specifically for fly control?

Comment

I've heard it is good for coon control.

Gary

Comment

Fill gallon baggies with water and hang them around your doors

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7827.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	24580609

These work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Salt gun

It’s fun, anyway!

It uses ordinary, non-toxic table salt to blast pest insects—no batteries required. Excellent for houseflies, mosquitos, spiders, roaches, lanternflies, cabbage worms, earwigs, and moths. For use by responsible people only. Do not blast salt at pets, butterflies, or humans. Includes a limited 2-year warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Fill gallon baggies with water and hang them around your doors

Also reported to work if you put a penny or pennies in the bag.

I think it’s bologna.

The MythBusters test various bug and insect related myths. Can bees lift a laptop? Does water repel flies? Can a motorcyclist be killed by hitting a bug?

Have you ever seen a water bag hanging in a restaurant? It's not a design trend — some people say the bags repel flies. Does this method hold water?

Comment

I put an old towel up on an outdoor table, usually folded and placed in an old cookie sheet. wet the towel and sprinkle liberally with Golden Malrin. It draws the flies to it, so put it a little ways away from the house.

Comment

Flies have been abnormally bad at my house too this summer.

I'll have to try some of these

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Heard today having a Martin bird house and the martins that live in them help reduce flies. Anyone heard this before?

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Isn't Golden Malrin made specifically for fly control?
                            This

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my buddy a Thermacell the other day, he says it not only eliminated the mosquitoes but the flies also...might try it in an area. Maybe just a citronella candle burning may work.

Comment

Working...
                              X