Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

truck

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
    Looking at a new tundra. What's the good and bad for the guys who have them?
    Bought my 1st 4x4 Tundra 2 years ago. I have 89,000 miles on it and its the best truck I have ever owned. It has a TON of power hence why the gas mileage sucks lol. I get about 13.5 but have big tires and 3" lift. Love it!!!!!! I only got about 14.5 before so no biggie. I am a firm beliver you don't buy truck for gas mileage

Comment

My next truck will be a Tundra- again! Wish I would have never sold mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        My next truck will be a Tundra- again! Wish I would have never sold mine...
        What are you driving now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Owned a 2002 extended cab Tundra Limited edition, back around 2008. Was a really nice truck with plenty of power. Had the v8 with the tow package, leather electric seats, just a nice truck overall with only 38000 miles on the odometer when I got it. Bought it from my mother who was the original owner. She had purchased it brand new. But I got rid of it after 2.5 years, cause it liked to drink gas. The best I got on the Hwy was 16.7 and in city driving was just a tad over 13 mpg. If they could be made to get better fuel mileage they would be great trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            What are you driving now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            2017 Ford F150 XL 4x4 Crew Cab. I actually love this truck, as it is the first no-frills plain Jane I have ever owned. I'm lucky the thing has power windows/locks and a back up cam.

But I am very pleased with it.

Last edited by Roy; 09-27-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Bought my 3rd Tundra beginning of this month for my new sales job. I needed to have a white truck so I got the 2019 Tundra 4x4 TSS package and love it. My 2016 had 113k on it when i traded it and only thing I had go wrong was the alternator which was warrantied.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Do the 4x4 Tundras have an option of locking the rear differential if you need the extra traction, or are they just standard 4 wheel drive?

Comment

Had a 2012 tundra crew max 2wd traded and bought my second tundra crew max 1794 4x4 in 2016. I love them both but the 1794 is my favorite. It’s paid for so, I will drive it for a great long time. Only 65000 on it now.

I have a 2” leveling kits and 34” coppers on it. Pipe bumpers front and back.

Avg 13.5 mpg then had my injectors cleaned now average 15.5. Highway trips average 16-17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Word on the wise, have 178,000 miles on my Tundra and its been a great truck. Had local kwik kar do my trans service...big mistake. Its a sealed system which requires heating up trans in park, with an overfill plug. Started shifting funny when cold, well dealership discovered its 6 quarts low. They checked everything else out and said its in perfect shape.

Comment

MPG sucks! But I knew that going in! Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by FF36 View Post
                        2007 280k no issues just keep up with the maintenance
                        I have a 2007 5.7 and that thing has been one hell of a truck. I am torn on getting a new one or looking into getting a 3/4 ton PU. This truck tows everything I put on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                          Do the 4x4 Tundras have an option of locking the rear differential if you need the extra traction, or are they just standard 4 wheel drive?
                          Just standard 4WD ; (

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            Word on the wise, have 178,000 miles on my Tundra and its been a great truck. Had local kwik kar do my trans service...big mistake. Its a sealed system which requires heating up trans in park, with an overfill plug. Started shifting funny when cold, well dealership discovered its 6 quarts low. They checked everything else out and said its in perfect shape.
                            Just ONE of the reasons I ONLY have our local Toyota dealer service mine. Same thing on the oil specified, most of the rapid change dealers don't carry it or will charge out the behind if they do. Oh, and before anyone says the dealer will put it to you...compared pricing and the dealer in Granbury charges lower than the 3 I checked out. AND..you can always say NO if they recommend doing something you don't see the need for.

Comment

Working...
                            X