Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady sst. Once I run out it’ll be a tossup between sst and eldx

Comment

I run the .270 WSM. Last year I used the Federal Premium Vital Shok with Nosler Balistic Tip and had great results. Knocked down a Coues with it at 813 yards.

Comment

Another vote for Federal Fusion

Comment

Originally posted by shawnw7 View Post
          I run the .270 WSM. Last year I used the Federal Premium Vital Shok with Nosler Balistic Tip and had great results. Knocked down a Coues with it at 813 yards.

Second. We have used these for over 10 yrs in all different calibers. They can be tricky to find on the shelf but I can count the number of deer that didn’t drop in their tracks on one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
            Second. We have used these for over 10 yrs in all different calibers. They can be tricky to find on the shelf but I can count the number of deer that didn’t drop in their tracks on one hand.

Your right! If I see it on the shelf I buy it. Very hard to find close to and during season. Last year I was at Bass Pro looking for it and found 3 boxes hidden behind a different brand and cal. That guy was prolly ****** when he came back looking for them. lol

Comment

What I currently have is Federal 130 and 150 grain power shok. I do have a 270 but have never hunted with it. I did sight it in with the 150s and they were real accurate. Will try hunting with it this year for the first time. My caliber of choice is, and has always been the 3006. One thing to remember is deer are not hard to kill. And more have been killed with cheap cup and core ammo than with all the premium bullets made today.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                Federal Fusion is some solid performing ammo. I shoot a .270WIN in 130gr. and it has performed flawlessly. 3/4" groups at 100yds, and DRT results on whitetails and pigs. Great round and not expensive either.
                ^^^This for factory ammo

Comment

Originally posted by shawnw7 View Post
                  Your right! If I see it on the shelf I buy it. Very hard to find close to and during season. Last year I was at Bass Pro looking for it and found 3 boxes hidden behind a different brand and cal. That guy was prolly ****** when he came back looking for them. lol

You’re the one who took them?! Haha jk.. Carter’s Country down in Pasadena is the only place I have found them that consistently has them in most calibers. I have tried the silver ballistic tips from Winchester and things went south real quick. I lost 3 deer in a row until after I switched. Those of y’all who use them, have y’all ever had any problems? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                    For deer, this is what I would suggest if it shoots good out of your rifle. Any standard cup and core bullet out of a .270 win will be more than enough for whitetail.
                    This.

Comment

gonna be shooting 130 partitions this year.

Comment

130 grain federal

Comment

I use to shoot Fed Fusion 130’s... gun really liked It and was great on muledeer. I switched to 130 bergers and although they shot well on paper, horrible on muledeer(shot one at 80 yards right behind the shoulder, put 2 more in It while It was running off). Was told to switch to Hornady 140 SST’s. Used them last month on Caribou in Alaska. It’s my new favorite round. My gun hates 150’s, so buy a few different boxes and play with It.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
                            I have tried the silver ballistic tips from Winchester and things went south real quick. I lost 3 deer in a row until after I switched. Those of y’all who use them, have y’all ever had any problems? Just curious
                            They’ve always worked well for me. When I was in college I switched to the core lokts for one box because they were cheaper. I didn’t like them, so I went back to the silver tips and never looked back

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                              I like the 130 grain Winchester silver ballistic tips
                              X2.....my favorite!!

Comment

Federal fusion

Comment

Working...
                                X