School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    With the way these four HIGHLY TACTICALLY TRAINED police officers hid and didn't run TOWARD the active shooter it looks like your mom should be SRO and get that $108k salary instead.

Or maybe we really do need Rambo on every campus if LEO are going to hide from bullets being thrown in their direction.

There is even a thread in ATC that confirms what I've been saying that current LEO know there have been folks in their dept that have run AWAY from bullets.

I think we should have an extensive stress test as part of the qualification for this CHL Teacher training
    It sounds like they reacted just like you said you would. Some have it,some don't.

Comment

Ya know...it's amazing to me how some view the world so oddly.

You got Two teachers and at least one student I know of who died by not fleeing & they were on the loud end of the gun!! One stayed to use his body to cover two students, the other teacher & student are said to have been killed while holding doors open getting others to safety & putting themselves in the line of fire for their fellow man.

You would THINK any person with some reasoning abilities who may have originally & adamantly opposed the option of teachers having a chance to eliminate the threat with a concealed weapon would ponder the events & maybe reconsider their thought process since we now know the very first 4 responders totally & utterly failed. If the teachers & students cannot depend on the very people sworn to do & are desperately waiting/expecting for them to arrive to stop the the threat?? Many civilians being interviewed & local conversations are STILL wanting to double down on their position?? WTH?? I'm at a loss. Is it not even a worthy consideration for teachers to help harden the school for discussion with this recent info??

Here you got 3 dead hero's who were unarmed, took bullets for their fellow man & the very Sheriff who now seems only focused on gun control had to wait for another department to do his deputies jobs?? Again, I cannot imagine the anger of the survivors who now learned not only was this avoidable on the front end & never should have happened...now they get a sucker punch that an opportunity to eliminate the shooting was now even abandoned on the deadly back end by the department who's leader is the head le spokesman at press conferences??

Why the msm and many politicians are even talking about more gun control as the most viable piece of this puzzle for a solution becomes more infuriating every day & the smell keeps getting worse!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a quote from a moderator on a shooting forum who is LE:

If you're in LE and respond to a scene like this and you are alive, children are dead, and you we not physically obstructed or the shooter wasn't gone/dead when you got there you ****ing failed. You can not die well. Everything you do after that point is meaningless.

If my child died while LE waits outside and doesn't storm the gates, eating your pistol will be the easy way out. Nothing this side of hell will keep me from you.

I know guys from Coral Springs and they are disgusted by what they saw.

Let this sink in!! We have a very complex problem to address with this particular shooting & the gun used to murder should now not really even be in the conversation. The multitude of fails in this domino effect leading up to the shooting & only the four guns waiting outside while an active shooter is inside is honestly what any firearm discussion should cover!!

Comment

Originally posted by artos View Post
        ya know...it's amazing to me how some view the world so oddly.

You got two teachers and at least one student i know of who died by not fleeing & they were on the loud end of the gun!! One stayed to use his body to cover two students, the other teacher & student are said to have been killed while holding doors open getting others to safety & putting themselves in the line of fire for their fellow man.

You would think any person with some reasoning abilities who may have originally & adamantly opposed the option of teachers having a chance to eliminate the threat with a concealed weapon would ponder the events & maybe reconsider their thought process since we now know the very first 4 responders totally & utterly failed. If the teachers & students cannot depend on the very people sworn to do & are desperately waiting/expecting for them to arrive to stop the the threat?? Many civilians being interviewed & local conversations are still wanting to double down on their position?? Wth?? I'm at a loss. Is it not even a worthy consideration for teachers to help harden the school for discussion with this recent info??

Here you got 3 dead hero's who were unarmed, took bullets for their fellow man & the very sheriff who now seems only focused on gun control had to wait for another department to do his deputies jobs?? Again, i cannot imagine the anger of the survivors who now learned not only was this avoidable on the front end & never should have happened...now they get a sucker punch that an opportunity to eliminate the shooting was now even abandoned on the deadly back end by the department who's leader is the head le spokesman at press conferences??

Why the msm and many politicians are even talking about more gun control as the most viable piece of this puzzle for a solution becomes more infuriating every day & the smell keeps getting worse!!

~~~~~~~~~~

here is a quote from a moderator on a shooting forum who is le:

if you're in le and respond to a scene like this and you are alive, children are dead, and you we not physically obstructed or the shooter wasn't gone/dead when you got there you ****ing failed. You can not die well. Everything you do after that point is meaningless.

If my child died while le waits outside and doesn't storm the gates, eating your pistol will be the easy way out. Nothing this side of hell will keep me from you.

I know guys from coral springs and they are disgusted by what they saw.

let this sink in!! We have a very complex problem to address with this particular shooting & the gun used to murder should now not really even be in the conversation. The multitude of fails in this domino effect leading up to the shooting & only the four guns waiting outside while an active shooter is inside is honestly what any firearm discussion should cover!!
        nailed it!

Comment

Once again, people are caving to the Liberals and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is looking or trying to change way this tragedy happened and it was not the GUN! It was grown adults that dropped the ball and allowed this to happen, plain and simple.

I will say it, look at the political leanings of these folks that dropped the ball and are leading the charge against gun regulations or confiscation. Also look at the kids that are leading the fight, organizing rallies and such. Like people have said, last week they are eating Tide pods and figuring out if they are male, female or an IT, now they are trying to tell us they know political and governmental policy. Give me a break.

Comment

As a possible solution, why not make parents legally responsible for the actions of their minor children? That way parents are forced to take a vested interest in preventing these types of things from happening. I would imagine parents with troubled kids would do whatever it took to prevent their kids from doing terrible things if they had to suffer the consequences of it. And they wouldn't give up after someone said it was no big deal.

They already do make parents responsible for their minor Childrens child support, etc. and supposedly that has helped, although I can't find statistics confirming that.

Also I realize the Florida kid wasn't a minor but he was committing plenty of crimes while he was from what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
              As a possible solution, why not make parents legally responsible for the actions of their minor children? That way parents are forced to take a vested interest in preventing these types of things from happening. I would imagine parents with troubled kids would do whatever it took to prevent their kids from doing terrible things if they had to suffer the consequences of it. And they wouldn't give up after someone said it was no big deal.

They already do make parents responsible for their minor Childrens child support, etc. and supposedly that has helped, although I can't find statistics confirming that.

Also I realize the Florida kid wasn't a minor but he was committing plenty of crimes while he was from what I read.
              I might agree with that, as soon as the "Village" decides to disband and stop mandating how parents should be allowed to discipline their own kids.

By that logic, Hillary, CPS and the rest of the nanny state should be held responsible.

Comment

Criminally responsible? Holding one individual criminally responsible for the actions of another, absent conspiracy or complicity would be a 180 degree departure from our laws as you know them.

Think about the ramifications. Your son has too much to drink and drives. You get prosecuted? Your son gets accused of sexual assault (true or not), do you stand trial for that?

Not being rude.

As to child support, there is a segment of our society that thinks raising and supporting their offspring is for suckers. They aren't ashamed of the fact that they aren't financially responsible for their own kids. I doubt they care much about how they behave.

Comment

Florida kids parents were dead.
                  Whod you like to ne responsible fpr his actions?
                  The people good enough to take him in when he had no where to go?

Cmon.
                  He did it.
                  He is evil.
                  Hes responsible for the act.
                  Others are looking responsible for letting it get to a point of fruition.. and not acting to stop it when it was happening.

Id like those responsible for taking away the right and ability for a citizen to protect themselves held responsible as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                    Districts can decide who can and who cannot carry.

Word doesn’t have to get out. As I pointed out earlier in this thread, MANY teachers at my sons school carry on campus. The kids don’t know who is carrying. Real world ****, not speculation.

I love how everyone who is against the idea of teachers carrying throw out all of these wild scenarios yet there are schools that allow teachers to carry and exactly NONE of those “sky is falling” things have come to pass.
                    You have got to be kdding me about a teacher or teachers that carry on a school campus or inside the school in Lubbock. If this is known then they face a firing and possibly worse. I call BS on any teacher doing this on a LISD campus or in the scoop building. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt it. Is this truly on an LISD campus?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      You have got to be kdding me about a teacher or teachers that carry on a school campus or inside the school in Lubbock. If this is known then they face a firing and possibly worse. I call BS on any teacher doing this on a LISD campus or in the scoop building. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt it. Is this truly on an LISD campus?

Never said it was LISD

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                        Never said it was LISD
                        1st accidental discharge a few ppl getting the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          1st accidental discharge a few ppl getting the death penalty.

No. No one is getting the death penalty because of an accidental discharge. That in no way qualifies for the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Florida kids parents were dead.
                            Whod you like to ne responsible fpr his actions?
                            The people good enough to take him in when he had no where to go?

Cmon.
                            He did it.
                            He is evil.
                            Hes responsible for the act.
                            Others are looking responsible for letting it get to a point of fruition.. and not acting to stop it when it was happening.

Id like those responsible for taking away the right and ability for a citizen to protect themselves held responsible as well.
                            At this point he is responsible for his actions. He has years of screwing up and should have been held accountable so many different times as a minor when people had control over him and his development. 6 schools in 3 years. A gun against another kids head in November with no repercussions. You think this behavior didn't come from years and years of issues?

He is evil
                            He is responsible.
                            Lots of people have screwed up in regards to this whole fiasco.

I don't think any more gun laws are A. proper, or b. Gonna do anything. I agree people should be able to protect themselves, teachers should be able to carry if they want.

So don't blame the guns. Blame the cops and the school sure in this case, but ultimately, who is going to ensure kids don't end up screw ups and do this crap if not the parents? And lots of parents don't give a crap. So how do you make them?

I also think minivans are stripping the fun from everyone all over the country.
                            Last edited by Rubberdown; 02-24-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I mean at this point he is responsible for his actions. He has years of screwing up and should have been held accountable so many different times as a minor when people had control over him and his development.

He is evil
                              He is responsible.
                              Lots of people have screwed up in regards to this whole fiasco.

I don't think any gun laws are A. proper, or b. Gonna do anything. I agree people should be able to protect themselves, teachers should be able to carry if they want.

I also think minivans are stripping the fun from everyone all over the country.
                              Ill vote for you solely on the minivan platform.

Comment

Working...
                              X