I made a bow holder upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a bow holder upper

stole this idea/ plan from sergioIII. Great idea, thanks.

I dont have a welder, so I used 1"x1" aluminum angle. Drilled a 3/8" for the stablizer to go thru and 2- 3/16" holes for the #8-32x 3/4" round head slotted bolts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kickstand1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	24763094

Set the bolts with a nut. Cut off one of my old arrows, glued inserts in both ends and added bludgeon tips to the ends. I was able to easily bend the anlge to adjust the angle of the stick to hold the bow upright. I dont plan on hunting with these attached, but should be good for target shooting.

Name:	kickstand2.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	24763095

I havent had a chance to shoot with the holder upper attached. If it doesnt make a lot of noise, I may try to hunt with em. Just gotta do a little experimentin first.

Name:	kickstand3.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	24763096

Good job skeeter, looks great!

Comment

guinea pig it for me Dan..................... then make me one if it works!!

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
        guinea pig it for me Dan..................... then make me one if it works!!

Looks good!
        If it works... Hmph! It works. Bow aint fell over yet. Aint shot with it yet. Gettin a target out now. I'll have an update shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
          If it works... Hmph! It works. Bow aint fell over yet. Aint shot with it yet. Gettin a target out now. I'll have an update shortly.
          Well hurry up man!!!!

I gots to know if I will have something new soon!!

Comment

Just got dun shootin .....

looks like I'll be huntin with this rig! No vibration or noise what so ever. Like sergio said, holder will snap into quiver. bracket will stay screwed onto bow. Thanks for the tip sergio!

is there any spray paint out there that will stick to aluminum? I dont like the shiny bracket. I want to paint it black.

Comment

Just got dun shootin .....

looks like I'll be huntin with this rig! No vibration or noise what so ever. Like sergio said, holder will snap into quiver. bracket will stay screwed onto bow. Thanks for the tip sergio!

is there any spray paint out there that will stick to aluminum? I dont like the shiny bracket. I want to paint it black.
              I think I still have some Black Krylon at the house

Comment

I have Krylon, but will it stick to aluminum? If I ruff up the angle and soak in ascetone, will that etch aluminum enough for paint to stick FOREVER? I dont want paint to start flakin off.

Comment

I have Krylon, but will it stick to aluminum? If I ruff up the angle and soak in ascetone, will that etch aluminum enough for paint to stick FOREVER? I dont want paint to start flakin off.
                  one way to find out for sure!!!

Maybe rough it up with emmory cloth so it aint all rough and ugly

Comment

I plan on coverin up the ugly with BLOOD!!!

Comment

then just paint it and be done with it! If it flakes, re-paint it..... so on and so on

Comment

Great job.

Comment

You may try rubbing the bracket down with vinegar and then paint it. Not sure what it does but we just built some gun racks for the top of my mule with aluminum bases. I was worried about the paint as well but it seems to have stuck pretty good. My cousin swore it would work on aluminum and stainless. We will see.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Looks good Dan when are you going to make me one?

Comment

Working...
                              X