No announcement yet.

Talk to me about 9mm or 45 conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last one looks real nice as well! I got into a youtube hole last night checking out the CMMG. I like everything except the price, but looking around it seems you can find them for 1299 on some sites, that is not as bad as the 1500 msrp!

I was reading some people having feeding issues with the extended .45 mags. The same sites indicate the factory glock 33 round 9mm mags run fine. Have you had any issues? I am not familiar with either the extended 9mm or .45 mags.

I love the idea of the 10mm but will have to look at mag options, and it looks like 75-100 bux more per 1000 rounds to feed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      I never could get into the kits & wanted something designed around the pistol cartridge...here's my 5"bbl CMMG Banshee in 45acp. They just came out with an 8" 10mm which is pretty spiffy. Haven't had a lot of trigger time but am liking the blowback design.
      How is your Octane working on this setup? I had been disappointed with that purchase so hoping it will be a pleasing tone on this type of setup! I do not think mine has left the safe in 4 years or so.

Comment

Allright, I have been looking at the 10mm all day and I am just about to pull the trigger on one..

I know it is a touch longer and the ammo is a bit more. I will use my Octane .45 on this and thinking with the 10mm it would be better for hogs..

Thoughts???

Comment

Absolutely...the extra bbl length helps on top of being a 10mm too!! That is one neat rig!!

Sorry I missed the can question but am not impressed with the Octane but have nothing to compare it to hic so may not be fair. I have a threaded FNX & now this & still seems pretty loud & never shot any others. My hearing is really so bad already I wouldn't even agree to be a judge. Lost over 50% in one from a busted ear drum & really bad ringing from not using protection starting as a kid while bird hunting.

I'm guessing it will be a little louder with the 10 vs 45 but who cares...that 10 is spiffy!!

What color did you decide?? I went with a dark grey & really like how it came out.

Last edited by Artos; 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I have a 10mm DI short barreled AR and it’s finicky. The gas system is so short that it runs good with the can attached but not without if I don’t change the buffer.

I’m trying to resist the Banshee in 10mm but I think it will be a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will just be plain and get black. Anyone know if you can run 40 s&w in the cmmg 10mm like you can in a glock?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just contact cmmg...they are great.

My guess is a bbl swap but do they have an 8" 40??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Just contact cmmg...they are great.

My guess is a bbl swap but do they have an 8" 40??
                  I will call them today to ask. I am sure the 'official' answer will be no. However, I know alot of guys that shoot 40 in the larger frame glock 20 10mm without issue. Everything is the same except the 40 is shorter, I guess it will depend on how the round headspaces in the CMMG.

You guys have made this an expensive week!! I ordered the Banshee 300 10mm this morning. I just ordered a three lug mount and muzzle device for the suppressor. Now I need some extra mags, a better trigger and another optic.

And ammo, lots of ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    I will call them today to ask. I am sure the 'official' answer will be no. However, I know alot of guys that shoot 40 in the larger frame glock 20 10mm without issue. Everything is the same except the 40 is shorter, I guess it will depend on how the round headspaces in the CMMG.

You guys have made this an expensive week!! I ordered the Banshee 300 10mm this morning. I just ordered a three lug mount and muzzle device for the suppressor. Now I need some extra mags, a better trigger and another optic.

And ammo, lots of ammo!

Lol.

If you don’t love it you can sell it to me for a hugely discounted price! [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Lol.

If you don’t love it you can sell it to me for a hugely discounted price! [emoji16]

I hope to love it! I can't keep a gun that I don't like to shoot so you will know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Lol.

I started this thread thinking I could get a kit for one of my existing AR's for 5-600 and ended up with way too many Youtube videos, changing choice of caliber and spending way more. At least I can tell my wife I had to buy something since Beto is coming for my 15's!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                          I started this thread thinking I could get a kit for one of my existing AR's for 5-600 and ended up with way too many Youtube videos, changing choice of caliber and spending way more. At least I can tell my wife I had to buy something since Beto is coming for my 15's!

Amen. I think you’ll like it. I love my 10mm AR when it runs right.

Comment

I'm sorry...I've been blessed/cursed with the ability to make other people spend their money on crap they really want but don't need. It's a salesman disease & I'm looking for work. If you like the product the rest is easy.

Comment

Lol, when I posted this thread I knew I was about to spend money, just not sure how much.

I am glad I got all the opinions and went with a caliber I was not even considering!

I have the Geissele trigger on order, 4 mags, 1k rounds of ammo (500 ball, 500 hollow points, both are listed at over 1250 fps) another Romeo optic, and the 3 lug setup for the pistol and the short adaptor for my Octane. I have SSA-E in all my AR's so I was thinking I would just want the same feel regardless of platform. Now that I have had some time to think on it I am leaning toward buying a triggertech AR drop in and seeing what I like better and sending the other back. Anyone have any trigger time with the TriggerTech in an AR? I have moved to TT from Jewell in all of my bolt guns and I am loving the TT stuff.

Comment

Parts are coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X