Shooters Bench build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooters Bench build question

For you guys and gals that shoot long range rifles or spend a lot of time behind a bench shooting, is there a preferred height between the seat and table top. I have a Dairy Queen booth that I am wanting to convert into a shooting bench. I will remove one of the booths and then build up a new top off of the existing table frame and opposite booth frame. Knowing that one would either be bagged or on a sled, is there a preferred height, or is it normal table top height? This will be placed on a shooting deck and one should be able to reach out to 800 yds.

Jim Borden gave me a set of plans I'll look for to check the height...somewhere around here.

You will get a good window on height with future comments, but the main thing you need regardless of what you choose is a good drummers throne stool/chair to accommodate all the different size shooters.

Comment

Well the chair on the one side will be the attached booth.

Comment

Bump

Comment

maybe find a way to incorporate a seat like this into the bench? Then it would be adjustable. Already thinking about having my daughter do this for ag mech project for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
            Well the chair on the one side will be the attached booth.
            If your sit height is fixed, then it is going to be difficult to suggest the table...ranges that have fixed seats/tables are always problematic to accommodate the short / young shooters & the tall grown ups. If this is your only option, then make the table to where it comfortable works for you.

Comment

Working...
            X