DIY Arrow Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Arrow Target

Thinking on building one and I was going to use one of the large feed bags for the outside material. I think they are woven poly fabric. Anyone use them to make their targets?

By the Big bag sold for this works great!

Comment

Third Hand Archery

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
        This is what I use. They last a very long time.

Comment

Love my Third Hand Rag Bag. Great target for next to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Third Hand Archery bags and faces. I built a 48 x 48 and love it.

Feed bags will work, but they get shot out very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Another vote for Third Hand Archery bags and faces. I built a 48 x 48 and love it.

Feed bags will work, but they get shot out very quickly.
              Thanks, didn’t know if the feed bags were about the same material

Comment

I've played with a couple different designs, best I've found is a cardboard box stuffed as tightly as possible with plastic bags or shrink wrap with 5-7 layers of those foam mats they use for daycare floors (they snap together like jigsaw puzzle pieces) ratchet strapped or shrink wrapped onto the front. Most videos I see stop at stuffing the box with bags but you'll get pass throughs if you're shooting any significant poundage with broadheads on, the foam mats stop everything cold.

Comment

When I was on the S. Tx lease, our corn supplier used the white woven bags. I would take one, stuff it with furniture/mattress stuffing good & tight, then stick it inside another bag and sew the top shut with paracord or something like it. Spray paint 3 dots on it on each side and you are good to go. When you eventually start getting partial pass-thrus, throw it on the ground and stomp/kick/roll it to redistribute the stuffing, put it in a new sack, and get back to shooting. If I was making one today, I would collect pallet wrap/plastic bags and use them as they are water resistant.

Comment

Working...
                  X