South Fork, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Fork, Colorado

Heading to South Fork with 3 friends next week. Any recommendations on rivers or decent public access? We will be bringing waders and fly gear.

Obviously, not asking for your fishing spots.

I know the Rio Grande has been pretty low and hard to fish lately but hopefully the snow and melt this week will help.

Also, bringing Can-Am Defender and always up for some good trail rides and using 4x4 to get to remote spots. I’ve heard check out the Alpine loop which we plan to check our while we are there.

Just south of South Fork about 10-12 miles. Trying to think of the road. Good camping and fishing earlier in the year. Not sure how it’ll fair right now, but it has access to hundreds of miles of trails from there, and you can take it to the East Fork of the San Juan.

Comment

Rainbow Grocery has a great fly shop, and every thing else you'll need. The road to Creede has quite a bit of access, as I recall, but it's been 10 years since I've been.

Comment

I saw on the CPW site the Park Creek ponds were stocked last month. there are just up the road from Sfork to wolf creek pass.
        got some more high alpine lakes that have great fly fishing if you want to hike aways.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Just south of South Fork about 10-12 miles. Trying to think of the road. Good camping and fishing earlier in the year. Not sure how it’ll fair right now, but it has access to hundreds of miles of trails from there, and you can take it to the East Fork of the San Juan.

Sounds nice. Thanks brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Rainbow Grocery has a great fly shop, and every thing else you'll need. The road to Creede has quite a bit of access, as I recall, but it's been 10 years since I've been.

Sounds good to me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
              I saw on the CPW site the Park Creek ponds were stocked last month. there are just up the road from Sfork to wolf creek pass.
              got some more high alpine lakes that have great fly fishing if you want to hike aways.

Beautiful. I haven’t checked the site yet and will now. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                Beautiful. I haven’t checked the site yet and will now. Thanks!

Park Creek Rd is what I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  You are correct it hasn't changed a bit in 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out up by the headwaters of rio below the dam up river of the box canyon there is a campground to walk in from. Thank me later

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                      Check out up by the headwaters of rio below the dam up river of the box canyon there is a campground to walk in from. Thank me later

Thanks! 30 Me Campground?

Comment

Me the girlfriend an another couple will be in south fork this Saturday-Thursday , Staying in a Nice house on the outskirts of town . We also will be fishing an riding/scouting on SXS . Could maybe meet up one day for a Beer if yall want . I can pm you my cell# if want . I know lots of Cool places around the area , I have hunted there a lot. Let me know .

Comment

Ill be up there Thursday. PM me if you want some fall fishing waters. I'll be just over the divide but will be in SF periodically.

Comment

Several good spots between SF and Creede to pull off and fish. Water was just fine when I was there weekend before last. Caught trout in the river on gold spinners when the sun was shining. Silver in the clouds. If you want a small pond that is guaranteed fish go up north of Creede towards Lake City to a small stocker pond called Spring Creek. Shouldn't take long to catch dinner in there.

Comment

We fish that area every summer. It is paradise if you know where to go. Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X