Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Markets

Dow is back over 26,000 for the first time in right at 3 months. Interesting to see the partial rebound (relatively quick). I wonder if there will be a retraction or if we will continue to see a bull market outlook with the potential to get back above 28,0000 by Q3.

Crude is back over $37 today as well. Hopefully we can break $40 in the coming days/weeks as demand picks back up.
    Last edited by STGS; 06-03-2020, 09:26 AM.

Thinking Qtr 3 & 4 will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
      Dow is back over 26,000 for the first time in right at 3 months. Interesting to see the partial rebound (relatively quick). I wonder if there will be a retraction or if we will continue to see a bull market outlook with the potential to get back above 28,0000 by Q3.

Crude is back over $37 today as well. Hopefully we can break $40 in the coming days/weeks as demand picks back up.
      Interesting to say the least. I suspect a retraction, I hope I'm wrong but nonetheless will use the opportunity to invest more.

Comment

I have been amazed at the markets. Lots of people out of work and hurting, but it continues to trend back up. I am almost back to where I was pre-CV. I'm still nervous but not as much as I was when it was plunging. I hung in and did not sell and i'm glad I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
          I have been amazed at the markets. Lots of people out of work and hurting, but it continues to trend back up. I am almost back to where I was pre-CV. I'm still nervous but not as much as I was when it was plunging. I hung in and did not sell and i'm glad I didn't
          Put me in the same bucket. Pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I feel like the stock market is fake. Not sure how unemployment was the highest it’s been since the Great Depression yet the market is just steadying going back up. Looks to be like a steep V pattern instead of a L like all these pro investors were predicting. I don’t see it going back down until election time possibly.

Comment

I watched a video last night showing how it is just a handful of stocks propping up the market. Amazon, Fb ect. I think once the bankruptcies start rolling in we are looking at a another good crash this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                I feel like the stock market is fake. Not sure how unemployment was the highest it’s been since the Great Depression yet the market is just steadying going back up. Looks to be like a steep V pattern instead of a L like all these pro investors were predicting. I don’t see it going back down until election time possibly.
                Resilient. The high numbers of unemployment as a result of COVID must have been people / jobs that didn't participate much at all, if any, in the market??

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Resilient. The high numbers of unemployment as a result of COVID must have been people / jobs that didn't participate much at all, if any, in the market??
                  Exactly.

Comment

I can only hope and pray it continues to rise. I retire at the end of the year and have no retirement program. I have had to save and invest on my own for my retirement. What a time for the market to tank. Young folks have time on their side to recover from slumps in the market but when you are 65 you don't have the luxury of riding it out over the long haul. I have never deviated from my investment goals and it has been good over the long haul.

I really get honked off at the lemmings on the exchange. Someone barks and they all crap their pants and bail over the cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                      I can only hope and pray it continues to rise. I retire at the end of the year and have no retirement program. I have had to save and invest on my own for my retirement. What a time for the market to tank. Young folks have time on their side to recover from slumps in the market but when you are 65 you don't have the luxury of riding it out over the long haul. I have never deviated from my investment goals and it has been good over the long haul.

I really get honked off at the lemmings on the exchange. Someone barks and they all crap their pants and bail over the cliff.
                      I'm with you, old man. I retire this coming May but I have two retirement coming including SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        I'm back within 600 bucks of where I was when covid started.. but there's still a loss of interest for the last 6 months or so ..

Comment

At 65, I hope your allocation is in line with your retirement plans. What kind of percentage drop did your portfolio see in the last couple months?

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                            I watched a video last night showing how it is just a handful of stocks propping up the market. Amazon, Fb ect. I think once the bankruptcies start rolling in we are looking at a another good crash this fall.

Not sure I can agree that a "handful" of stocks are propping up the market. Take a look at what comprises the Dow 30, S&P 500 or Russell 2000. Very few, if any those stocks are up several 100's or 1,000's of % points. That is the scale a single or "handful" of stocks would need to raise those markets by double digits.

I think most markets have accepted the unemployment rates are short term in nature and a lot of the entities affected by the 30-90 day shut down will weather storm long-term.

Time will tell, but in the short-term, I will remain a buyer of equities.

Comment

I'm no expert but if your that close you may want to look into some less risky investments

Comment

Working...
                              X