Thoughts on Bushnell 14mp aggressor wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Bushnell 14mp aggressor wireless

I was thinking about getting this game cam or getting 2-3 budget Moultrie/bushnell game cams to cover more ground. What are your thoughts on the wireless bushnell? Anybody have/had one and what did you think? Do you think going with multiple budget cameras is a good idea to cover more ground? If you did go budget cameras what brand would you pick?

Browning strikeforce

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the Bushnell Aggressor wireless and really liked it. If you have signal where you put the camera, it is literally one of the best hunting tools you can buy. I could pull within 300 yds of my cam in the mornings and know before I ever walked into my setup if there were deer on the feed pile that I might bump off. If there were, I wouldn't try to slip into the bow stand and just wait for the afternoon hunt.... it was neat waking up every morning and checking your phone to see what came in during the night too.

If you have it setup on a rifle stand where you can slip in without spooking everything, its cool to be sitting in the stand 10 mins before daylight, knowing the deer your after is down there eating at your feed pile and all you're doing is waiting for shooting time to begin. (to be honest it feels like you're cheating)

Also, you can basically hunt two stands at once if they're a relatively short distance apart... i.e., 20 mins before dark and your camera starts sending you pics, you can easily get down and sneak into that stand and shoot whatever it is your hunting... I killed a bunch of pigs doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
        I had the Bushnell Aggressor wireless and really liked it. If you have signal where you put the camera, it is literally one of the best hunting tools you can buy. I could pull within 300 yds of my cam in the mornings and know before I ever walked into my setup if there were deer on the feed pile that I might bump off. If there were, I wouldn't try to slip into the bow stand and just wait for the afternoon hunt.... it was neat waking up every morning and checking your phone to see what came in during the night too.

If you have it setup on a rifle stand where you can slip in without spooking everything, its cool to be sitting in the stand 10 mins before daylight, knowing the deer your after is down there eating at your feed pile and all you're doing is waiting for shooting time to begin. (to be honest it feels like you're cheating)

Also, you can basically hunt two stands at once if they're a relatively short distance apart... i.e., 20 mins before dark and your camera starts sending you pics, you can easily get down and sneak into that stand and shoot whatever it is your hunting... I killed a bunch of pigs doing this.

You said "had" what happened to it?

Comment

I'm interested as well! I've always liked the Bushnell cams. Never have jumped on the wireless cam train though. Right now I'm having great luck with the Browning cams. Super clear pictures and video at a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by Doe Doe Spike View Post
            You said "had" what happened to it?
            I ended up returning it because it only worked in a few spots on my lease due to poor AT&T service. If you have 2 or more bars of service for AT&T, buy with confidence because they really are worth the money.

Comment

The picture in my avatar came from the wireless aggressor if you want a reference to the quality of pics it takes.

Comment

I have two wireless aggressors and they work great. I recommend using lithium batteries though.

Comment

I have a couple and I am happy with them. One did crap out after about 10 months but they sent me another one no questions asked.

I have solar panels on mine and use lithium batteries. They will last a few months taking around 1500 pictures per month with most of those being night pictures.

The warranty return was a 2017 model and my other one was a 2016 model, even though they say nothing changed the newer one seems to be more responsive.

Comment

I think I'll get one

Comment

Same positive comments from me too. I too use lithiums and a solar cell. I am using it at home now trying to whack an armadillo that is getting in my wife's flower beds..!

Comment

If you are using lithiums with a solar panel for charging you are on borrowed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Neighbor had 2 and keeps having issues

Comment

I'm a big Bushnell camera fan and own several of the non-wireless models. Bought the wireless model and couldn't get a signal with AT&T service. My Spartan Gocam has great reception in that same location. Disappointed in the picture quality and trigger speed of the Bushnell so I sent it back. I will say I really liked Bushnell's camera management app. Very user friendly and set up well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike D;12590792]If you are using lithiums with a solar panel for charging you are on borrowed time.

The solar panel has its own battery inside and the camera switches between the internal power and the solar battery when the camera gets to 20%. Thats how the manual reads anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X