Have you ever noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
    7 ppl in 2 weeks! Were you walking through a woodworking shop factory?
    lol!!

Comment

I had a uncle that was missing multiple fingers. He claimed it was from accidents hooking up trailers to his big rig. But I really don't know. Then I know of another guy, who lost two or three tips, doing something stupid as a kid, don't remember what he did, he really did not like talking about that story. Then one of my ex brother-in-laws, had a finger removed, they actually removed the whole bone for that finger from his hand. He dropped a large electric motor on it and then did not use if for too long a period and then his fingers on that hand curled up. Then when he tried to become a sheriff's deputy, they would not let him out on patrol, because of his hand. So he had numerous surgeries done to try and fix his hand. They got three working good, but the pinky finger stayed curled up in his palm. The sheriff's office said that won't work. So he went back to the doctor and had them remove the whole finger and the bone in his hand for that finger. So that hand is noticeably narrower than the other. Odd shaking hands with him.

Have not seen my uncle in probably 40 years, have not talked to the guy with the missing finger tips in years and have not talked to my ex brother-in-law in a while, not the brightest bulb in the pack. If you factor them out, I don't notice very many people with missing fingers or parts of fingers. I am sure, if you hang out with a bunch of oil field rough necks, you will see multiple with missing fingers.

Over the years, I have met five people who were all missing a arm from below the elbow. All of them lost their arms, because they were in a vehicle that rolled over and their arm went out the window and the vehicle rolled over their arm. Most were the driver of the vehicle when it rolled so the lost their left arm, but two were passengers in a vehicle that rolled, so they lost their right arm, four were guys, one woman.
      I think of that, every time I see a idiot driving a Jeep with their left foot out the door. Then think that must be one of those pansy Jeeps with a auto transmission. If you drive a manual transmission much, you hopefully would not be stupid enough to put your foot someplace it would be hard to get onto the clutch pedal fast, much less outside the door.

Where my shop is located, there are probably five cabinet making shops. That I know of none of them are missing any fingers, kind of surprising. One of those shops, is owned by a buddy of mine. Years ago, he used to get his fingers and or hands tore up pretty badly, had to go to the hospital for stitches numerous times. It seemed for a while there, that about once every two months he was going to the hospital. I kept getting on his *** about not using his fingers to push wood across the table saw, that's what got him most of the time. That and not leaning over the saw, while it was running. Multiple times, I watched him and thought he was going to slice his rib cage open, leaning over the saw, as he pushed a long piece of wood across the table, the saw is in. He finally has wised up and knocked off with his old ways, at least most of the time. He has not hacked up his fingers in a while. He still has all of his fingers.
      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-07-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I met a young guy a few weeks ago. Didn't realize he was missing 3 fingers until I shook his hand. The opposite thought of yours actually popped in my head. As many activities as we do every day I feel like there should be more people missing digits.

Comment

Best friend from high school got his wedding ring stuck on the last screw in step before letting go to jump to the ground. Popped his ring finger right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle is missing his big toe from a rig accident. Can't wear flip flops.

Comment

I have a bad digit

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've known a handful of folks missing their left pinkie. My BIL is missing the tip of one of his fingers, he was roping calfs and the rope looped over his finger, got pulled tight and popped it right off. That's his story at least

Comment

I've got a crooked little finger from a rattlesnake bite from when I was a kid. My old boss that I worked for was missing his index finger the joke we told was he cut it off with a hand saw.

Comment

Losing digits does not sound fun, but people with extra digits is interesting.

There's a girl I went to high school with that her baby has 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot all functioning. Now that's cool!

Comment

I posted on here a few years ago a farm hand lost his thumb by grabbing a pto on a tractor, ripped ligaments out of his hand a foot long. Had to hurt

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
                        Losing digits does not sound fun, but people with extra digits is interesting.

There's a girl I went to high school with that her baby has 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot all functioning. Now that's cool!
                        12 pt

Comment

Lots of missing fingers and other severe injuries up here in corn and soy bean country. Safety with farm equipment has improved, but it comes down to common sense a lot of times. Farmers working into the night to beat the weather sometimes make bad decisions. There were 13 million acres of corn and 9 million acres of beans harvested in 2020 here in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine that I worked with was a profound alcoholic. I noticed that he was getting injured a lot while off of work. One day he came in and was missing his index finger. According to him, he had been drinking and attempted to move a log splitter while the head was vertical. The head fell and shouted his finger. There was another incident where he grabbed the muffler on a piece of machinery at home and was burned very badly. He smoked and drank and died this past December from two types of cancer. RIP John.

Comment

Just tell those folks --- hey man, there is something different about you, but I just can't put a finger on it!

Comment

I sheared off a half inch of my left ring finger. I’m a mechanic, stuff happens. Oh, and I’m extremely accident prone.

Comment

Working...
                                X