No announcement yet.

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranchers need to check their fence lines. Major limbs broken off of large oak trees. Had to do some cutting and hauling.
    Roads after the snow melt were slicker than goose ....!
    Not the best year for deer, but we did ok.
    Come on 2021!!

Comment

Took this pic Friday morning at my lease off Cleo Rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Randy M; 01-04-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
        Took this pic Friday morning at my lease off Cleo Rd.

Beautiful picture. Love the windmill. I went up this weekend and the ice storm has destroyed a lot of oak trees. I have never seen this much tree damage.

Comment

It looks like one of those broken limbs came close to knocking out my cell cam. (But luckily didn’t)
          Before storm
          -

During storm-

After storm-

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
            Beautiful picture. Love the windmill. I went up this weekend and the ice storm has destroyed a lot of oak trees. I have never seen this much tree damage.
            Same at ours. I don’t think there’s a single oak on our place without some type of damage. We spent all Friday just cleaning up around our camphouse/trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
              Same at ours. I don’t think there’s a single oak on our place without some type of damage. We spent all Friday just cleaning up around our camphouse/trailers.
              The guys on our place that were out said it hit our ranch pretty bad too. They said "S* Show", actually.

I am going out this weekend so interesting to see the place and hopefully take a couple of does.

Comment

Lots of ice and many downed trees and power poles...some areas still without power. Still snow in areas with heavy shade as of noon today. Ground is really wet as I gauged about 2.2" between rain and snow. Should give us a great jump start for '21 and get a few weeds and winter grass growing.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Our oaks were hit hard + my lease hunters tore up the trails. I will be spending a lot time cleaning up the oaks. On the bright side some nice young bucks made it thru the season.

Comment

Just got our lease renewal and it went up quite a bit. I'm trying to get a comparison for the area. How much are yall paying per acre? Lease is about 1100 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                      Just got our lease renewal and it went up quite a bit. I'm trying to get a comparison for the area. How much are yall paying per acre? Lease is about 1100 acres.

Pm sent

Comment

We received word that landowner is selling. So we’ll be losing our lease next year. We’ve been on this lease since 2002. So the search begins. If anybody hears anything or has some openings, please let me know. I’ll be looking for a spot for my dad and myself.

Comment

Our oak trees took a beating last time the snow / ice came through, so I am worried what is going to happen this round.

I may head out next weekend to see the damage and fill feeders.

Comment

Ours did too Heath, we were in camp when it was happening and it was amazing how often you could hear one break. Hopefully this time is not as bad, maybe someone local can report conditions.

Comment

There is ice in trees and roads are frozen but not the volume of ice in the trees around Menard like last time. I heard from a buddy down at Telegraph that there's a lot of downed limbs there. I know that they received a lot more freezing rain the further south from Menard that you went. IH 10 was closed yesterday afternoon and continues to be closed from what I understand. Bad thing is it is not supposed to be above freezing until Tuesday with temps near 0 on Monday and Tuesday. Snow is predicted for Sunday.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

83 is shut down between Menard and Junction. I hear that TXDOT is trying to sand and reopen.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X