Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick I hope he survived

Originally posted by animalhse View Post
    I had a similar occurrence two years ago. I tagged every drop of blood I found with a piece of toilet paper pinned to the ground.
    I didn’t realize how off the track I’d gone after 100 yards of searching. Stood back and looked at the paper and it made a straight line.
    I made of visual of a straight line continuing in line with the toilet paper. It led to a trail and found him 250 yards at the end of that line on that trail.
    Good luck! I hope you find him. I know the feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deer went 250 yds with a heart cut like that?
    Impressive

Comment

Sorry to hear that... dang that's tough.

Comment

Sounds like those dog guys just don’t want to get out. Even my six-month-old puppy has found deer with less blood than that. And even the next day track day dear that we could not find a drop of blood on right to the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Slick I hope he survived

Deer went 250 yds with a heart cut like that?
          Impressive

That’s exactly what I thought too!
          I sure hope OP finds his deer one way or another [emoji1695]

Comment

That heart shot is hard to believe.

I initially thought from the blood on the arrow it was a great shot but now don’t know what to think. I’m going to keep looking for him so maybe he’ll turn up one way or the other.

Comment

You need to call Matt McWilliams if you haven’t already. Who were the two guys you called?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                You need to call Matt McWilliams if you haven’t already. Who were the two guys you called?
                This for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                  Brown county

if you called Troup Bishop in Early and he said no go, take him for what he said. He is one of the best. Probably a deep tissue wound.
                  Your buck will live.

Comment

Following...

Good luck OP

Comment

I talked to three trackers yesterday and all of them felt that it would not be a successful track to a dead deer. They all felt that he could be dead but most likely wounded. One of them was Troup and he spent a good while talking to me getting the details of the shot before saying he didn’t think it would be a successful track. I’m glad to hear that he is a good tracker and makes me feel better about the deer not being dead somewhere. I saved his number in the event I get in this situation again.

The wind won’t be good to hunt that bow stand until tomorrow and I’m going to try it again then. Until then I’m sitting in a rifle stand the direction he ran looking for him. If he is alive I believe he’s going to be holding in the brush by this winter wheat field because it’s the only other place he’s been seen.

I sat here yesterday evening and had a buck parade but he wasn’t present. Sitting here again this morning and saw a real good 8 but he’s not the deer I wounded. So the search continues. Going to pull all the camera chips in the area today when we put out the road feed.

Comment

Definitely a sick feeling and I hope he turns up on one of the trail cams.

Comment

Just a suggestion, start videoing you hunts/shots, no matter how good or bad the shot looked to you the video doesn't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                            Just a suggestion, start videoing you hunts/shots, no matter how good or bad the shot looked to you the video doesn't lie.

I had my phone set up to video the shot in slo mo but didn’t press record before I shot. I usually do video my shots for that reason but got excited when he stepped into the shooting lane.

Comment

Is there water close by ? Check it if there is my buck I shot this year was in the water . It was a forward hit that caught a main artery luckily . Matt McWilliams Dog Jacques Found it I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                Is there water close by ? Check it if there is my buck I shot this year was in the water . It was a forward hit that caught a main artery luckily . Matt McWilliams Dog Jacques Found it I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes .

There is a lot of water close. We checked every tank and low spot that holds water and he wasn’t in any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X