Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    RTP. You place it and when it opens if it opens within your limit it will go through. I will be watching pre market and make a decision a few minutes before opening.

I’m not big on IPOs as they usually are overvalued but I said a couple years ago if ABNB went public I would at least get a small position. DraftKings was the other one. I wish I would have went big in DraftKkngs now
    Thanks Glen. So right now it looks like it is around 114. If I place a limit at 125 and the open price is 120, then I get my shares and if it opens at 130 I wouldnt. correct? Do you know when the open for this stock is?

Comment

Quantum scape to the moon!!

Comment

114 seems too high for me.

Comment

830 it will open. I don’t know what it will open at we will see. I gotta be able to justify buying as most times it will have a buying point after opening but these are strange times

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
            114 seems too high for me.
            So many seem too high to me which is the scary part right now because Im a buy and hold guy for the most part. My portfolios look great because of a lot of these ridiculously high priced stocks. Not sure when to sell and I hate paying short term capital gains. I take all the risk and then get to pay 38% or whatever it is these days to the govt when I make the right call. I hate our govt!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              So many seem too high to me which is the scary part right now because Im a buy and hold guy for the most part. My portfolios look great because of a lot of these ridiculously high priced stocks. Not sure when to sell and I hate paying short term capital gains. I take all the risk and then get to pay 38% or whatever it is these days to the govt when I make the right call. I hate our govt!
              38% means you making good money, look at it that way haha

But I hear you, tax sucks

Comment

Capital gains taxes should be graduated like income taxes. It's ridiculous that some multi-billion dollar hedge fund is paying the same marginal rate as a retail investor. That's not to say the top rate should be increased. Us small fries should just pay a lower rate with the first 10k in profit totally exempt.

Back to ABNB. Is an $80/share limit too low to get in on it? Feels more like gambling than investing, but I'll only be allocating a small portion to this speculative play.
                Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-09-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

80 would be my max for me I think. Will be interesting to see where they start.

Comment

Following. I'm just a small small guppie in this land of sharks.

I do okay to good as far as %'s go, but not so much on the $ side due to small amounts in the market total.

Still better than the da** bank though.

Comment

BTW - I do not know if this has been asked, offered, or even mentioned, but how many would be up for a meet/greet and stocks/funds meeting some time next year after all of this China Virus and election junk fades away?

Maybe meet central in the state somewhere on a Saturday afternoon/evening? That way no one has to take off work on a Friday or Monday?

Maybe discuss"
                      -Strategies
                      -Sources of info on companies and financials
                      -Other positive signs to look for
                      -Other negative signs to look for
                      -Best platform to buy/sell: i.e. TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Robinhood, etc.?
                      -Cannibus stocks
                      -ETC.

More of a social event and market discussion than anything else...

Or maybe do this once a year and maybe set up little groups for a general region and meet quarterly?

I would definitely be interested in it if it was possible, work permitting, but my availability would be spotty at best until around June or so. Our kid is playing D3 baseball in MI (provided the state, school, or NCAA doesn't do Something stupid next Spring) and wife and I will be taking turns going to see him and then having to move him back down at the end of the season/school year.

I live roughly 45 minutes north of Houston in Magnolia.

Just curious, would definitely be interested in it.

John White

Comment

Yeah, if doordash can nearly double from its IPO price target, I’d expect no less from ABNB tomorrow. What sucks is that none of my cash is settled, so I’ll be forced to hold for a few days should I make a play tomorrow.
                        Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-09-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

DASH is up over 80% which I just didn’t expect.

Comment

$182 was the open price, so I’m not sure if anyone actually got in at $102. I certainly wouldn’t want any part of door dash at $182 and ABNB will probably soar even higher on a percentage basis from the target price of $65.

How are limit orders filled when the market opens? Are the biggest buyers orders filled before anyone else?
                            Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-09-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I’m not sure how the orders are filled. I’ll probably wait on it and see where it settles. It should settle just like Dash will. I like ABNB for a long term hold - lots of folks gonna try for a quick hit on it but I’m not seeing it

Comment

Trading haunted on ABNB. My limit price was probably too low to get in on it. Oh well, a little cash on hand is always good.

Comment

Working...
                                X