Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunts... Anyone get something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Hunts... Anyone get something?

I ended up getting drawn with a buddy for the north unit of Richland Creek for duck season and then me and that same buddy drew for spring turkey at Roger Fawcett this next April. No Gemsbok or Scimitar for us this year though lol.

Heading to Albert an Bessie SNA this coming weekend on a gun deer either sex hunt. Haven't heard much good things but I'm trying to be optimistic. With the rut going I'm going to try rattling.

Comment

There's a long thread on TPWD drawn hunts over on the public hunting forum.

That being said I got second draw for Big Bend Ranch State Park in December.

My son and I got drawn for javelina at the Chap in February.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
        Heading to Albert an Bessie SNA this coming weekend on a gun deer either sex hunt. Haven't heard much good things but I'm trying to be optimistic. With the rut going I'm going to try rattling.
        I'm very surprised that the hunter success rates there are traditionally low. I've been driving past that place since 1983 pretty regularly as my buddy has 90 acres off 46 just west of Hwy 16. Lots of deer and pigs in that area.

In fact I drove past it yesterday...

Comment

Javelina @ Chap and Trinity River-Brierwood this year...ever since online sales the odds have gone in the dumpster...

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
            There's a long thread on TPWD drawn hunts over on the public hunting forum.

That being said I got second draw for Big Bend Ranch State Park in December.

My son and I got drawn for javelina at the Chap in February.
            Guess I should branch out more lol

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
              Let me know how it is and take pictures. I talked to a guy that went then other weekend and total they harvested maybe 7 animals but he and his kid didn't.

It sounds like a cool hunt you camp there and they feed you.

We are going December 17th

We are heading to Chaparral for a doe / javi hunt this weekend

Comment

Nada for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got Hagerman for hogs and the young'un got spring turkey at Daughtry, I think. That's six this year for us. Add that together with a pheasant hunt before Thanksgiving, getting the duck boat ready and hunting javelina in Arizona and it's a busy year. Somewhere in there I still need to shoot my deer but I think ducks will get the first harassment. We got six but we applied for everything. Drew squirrel twice this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    We got Hagerman for hogs and the young'un got spring turkey at Daughtry, I think. That's six this year for us. Add that together with a pheasant hunt before Thanksgiving, getting the duck boat ready and hunting javelina in Arizona and it's a busy year. Somewhere in there I still need to shoot my deer but I think ducks will get the first harassment. We got six but we applied for everything. Drew squirrel twice this year.
                    We'll be at Daughtrey this spring too.

Comment

I drew hogs at Nannie Stringfellow. Mid March. I don't know much about the place.

Comment

5 total hunts won this year. 4th year applying, first year winning. Pretty astonishing since applications are up 40% on an already hard to win system.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                          Let me know how it is and take pictures. I talked to a guy that went then other weekend and total they harvested maybe 7 animals but he and his kid didn't.

It sounds like a cool hunt you camp there and they feed you.

We are going December 17th

We are heading to Chaparral for a doe / javi hunt this weekend
                          I'll keep y'all posted heading out in the morning.

Comment

Drew 2nd chance management deer at James Daughtry. Looking forward to it as they're always a fun getaway.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

The loyalty point cubing this year was good to me. I drew in 5 categories. Probably won’t draw squat the next few years...

Comment

Working...
                              X