No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also pay fines if you are collecting money from your YouTube channel and filming on public land. I don't remember the specifics and WMA's may not be included. I can't remember if it is just federal land or state land. I believe federal land you have to buy a permit to film if you are seeking financial compensation by filming your hunts.

I met some really cool guys last weekend at Big Lake. I wish I had this week and weekend to hunt but got stuck on call this weekend at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      You can also pay fines if you are collecting money from your YouTube channel and filming on public land. I don't remember the specifics and WMA's may not be included. I can't remember if it is just federal land or state land. I believe federal land you have to buy a permit to film if you are seeking financial compensation by filming your hunts.

I met some really cool guys last weekend at Big Lake. I wish I had this week and weekend to hunt but got stuck on call this weekend at work.
      Not to roast on them, but based on their subscriber count, lack of ads, and overall channel traffic I’d say they’re not monetized.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        Ditto met some new people and saw a few regulars this year, good group of hunters. Work has me tied down but wishing to go back. Willie

Comment

I got drawn for squirrel in December so we'll be back then. I saw more squirrels this year than deer. The were all over the place.

HEAVY rain this morning in Weatherford. If it rained that hard at BLB it's underwater.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post

HEAVY rain this morning in Weatherford. If it rained that hard at BLB it's underwater.
            I highly doubt it. It’s been very dry around here for a while. Rain came thru around noon and was quick to pass. What fell probably already soaked in.

Comment

We had a gusher yesterday morning. Even got an email from school telling students to wait it out. No tarries.

Comment

This unit is right on the Trinity River. A guy I work with used to take his kids out there for the youth hunt before the youth hunt went to draw hunts. He sees deer every time he's gone out there and some nice bucks to boot!

Comment

There are no deer in big lake bottom. Ever since the ebola outbreak of 09 it's been empty. No use even trying. Also, I don't know if they ever cought the serial killer that escaped from the prison last year. Apply for Richland south. No one goes out there and the deer average 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    There are no deer in big lake bottom. Ever since the ebola outbreak of 09 it's been empty. No use even trying. Also, I don't know if they ever cought the serial killer that escaped from the prison last year. Apply for Richland south. No one goes out there and the deer average 6 years.
                    That serial killer is also a hunter rapist who is know for listening to banjo music & loves him some pig squealing. You forgot to mention the rabid squirrels and insect repellent resistant crotch munching flesh eating chiggers, all hunters find and end up hospitalized and with no known cure. Don't make this mistake.....

Comment

My plan is hunting Nov 7,8, 12-15th. Will be camping.
                      The 15th is my birthday so let's celebrate on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        My plan is hunting Nov 7,8, 12-15th. Will be camping.
                        The 15th is my birthday so let's celebrate on Saturday night.
                        I will be there on the morning of the 6th and plan to hunt till the 10th or 11th, that is if I don’t tag something before then and I also will be camping. See ya there!!

Comment

Our group also plans to be there the 6th.

Comment

Black 4dr Tacoma with Tethrd Sticker.
                            Should arrive about 730pm

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Black 4dr Tacoma with Tethrd Sticker.
                              Should arrive about 730pm
                              7:30pm? What about the 12oclock mandatory orientation on the 6th?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                                7:30pm? What about the 12oclock mandatory orientation on the 6th?
                                That’s what I’m thinking as well unless he called the area and they made other arrangements.

Comment

Working...
                                X