Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor things to do around Fredericksburg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor things to do around Fredericksburg?

The wife and I are staying the weekend in Fredericksburg next month and Enchanted Rock is booked up. What other options are there close by to do a little hiking? I'm thinking about trying the parks at the Perdenales or Guadalupe rivers. We are open to anything in the area.

If you don’t mind the hour or so drive, you might check out Longhorn Cavern State Park or Inks Lake State both in Burnet. Both are beautiful parks with plenty of activities.

Comment

Uh, deer hunting. JK. Drive carefully. They are EVERYWHERE!

Comment

Drink beer and listen to music at Luckenbach. Drink more beer at the Brewery on Mainstreet.

Comment

LBJ State Park is a neat hike

Comment

Not hiking, but the Garrison Brothers Dist. Tour is really interesting

Comment

Enchanted rock booked up, are they limiting how many people can get in? Not a hike but a real nice drive is the Willow city loop.

Comment

The best little gun shop in Texas is in Fredricksburg. KNS Precision. The Nimitz Museum.
                We liked eating at Auslander. Pritzers Bakery is always a treat. I sit and have beers while the wife shops.
                Try it
                Ingram, about 30 mins away has their own Stone Henge replica.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, I'll look into them. The Nimitz museum is on my to do list as well.

Beer will be my food of choice that weekend, I plan on spending time at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. It is a short walk from our hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    Enchanted rock booked up, are they limiting how many people can get in? Not a hike but a real nice drive is the Willow city loop.
                    Enchanted Rock has been limiting people for years...

Comment

The LBJ ranch is cool area to hang around for a bit, you don't necessarily have to go inside the house.

Comment

Bring yours or rent some bikes and ride up Lower Crabbapple road.

Comment

I recommend the tour of the LBJ Ranch and the Garrison Bros Distillery in Hye.

Comment

Tunnel state park is right there, it’s cool because of the millions of bats that fly out every evening. You can sit right next to the cave opening when they fly out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a winery in the little town of Tow I think it’s called Twin Falls winery.There used to be a ferry that would take you up to the falls and tour you around lake Buchanan and drop you off at winery.I don’t know what’s the deal with the covid but it was a nice scenic drive from Fredericksburg.Then get back to Auslander for Sunshine Ale

Comment

Working...
                              X