Eotech Vs Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eotech Vs Vortex

I currently have an eotech 512 set up with a G33 magnifier on my ar15. I’ve been thinking about selling this set up and going with a vortex strike Eagle. Has anyone gone from eotech to the strike Eagle? If so which did you prefer? My ar is only used for hog hunting.

Following for info

Comment

How much are you going to ask for the Eotech???

Comment

I haven’t put much thought on the price yet. I would definitely like to sell the the G33 and 512 together though. I have the original eotech boxes for both. If you’re interested PM me your number and I get you pictures.

Comment

I went from the 512 to the Strike Eagle and liked having the extra magnification of the scope for hunting. I didn’t have a g33. The Strike Eagle and mount are heavier than I would like for walking around the woods plinking.

Comment

The 512 and G33 should net you enough to get a PST II 1-6, which IMO is a good upgrade in glass and major upgrade in durability.

Comment

Never had or used the Eotech but this past Sat I was ringing the steel plates at 500yds with the strike eagle 5-25x56 on the 6.5cm. Very clear and perfect parallex. I'm very happy with it so far. Almost went with the Sig Tango 4 but the Vortex had better glass for my eyes.

Comment

Eotech burned me forever with their crap units that wouldn't hold zero. Go with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Never had or used the Eotech but this past Sat I was ringing the steel plates at 500yds with the strike eagle 5-25x56 on the 6.5cm. Very clear and perfect parallex. I'm very happy with it so far. Almost went with the Sig Tango 4 but the Vortex had better glass for my eyes.
                  I haven’t ran the Strike Eagle 1-6 very much, but in my brief experience the 5-25 had considerably better glass than the 1-6. I think the 5-25 is a great optic for the price.

Comment

A while back I had went from a strike Eagle to eotech. I wish I had kept the strike Eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I find I like the 1-6X scope better than the Eotech. I can bring it down to 1 power for fast acquisition, or I can zoom up to 6 power for precise shooting. My $.02...

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        Eotech burned me forever with their crap units that wouldn't hold zero. Go with anything else.
                        Which sight did you have that wouldn't hold zero? I'm thinking about buying one currently.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Looks like I’ll be posting my eotechs in the classified section soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            The 512 and G33 should net you enough to get a PST II 1-6, which IMO is a good upgrade in glass and major upgrade in durability.
                            This... You should be able to get a better LPVO than a strike eagle, for the price an eotech and magnifier will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                              This... You should be able to get a better LPVO than a strike eagle, for the price an eotech and magnifier will bring.
                              Hopefully. It’s actually a 552 and not a 512 as I had thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X