game cam super hot and swollen - Lowes Rayovac deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    May be user error. The ol positive to positve......
    That's what I was thinking, batteries in wrong.
    I won't use Rayovac in my cameras, never had good luck with them lasting, but. The problem sounds like a shorted battery.

Comment

I have bought them on sale. I haven't had your issue but they do not last very long at all in anything I have put them in. I started buying Amazon Basics and they seem to last a long time.

Comment

What camera are you using because I had this problem with Browning Strikeforce camera's and it's not the batteries. They have metal tabs on the battery pack that end up getting bent and then those metal tabs hit the inside and do not allow the battery pack to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
          May be user error. The ol positive to positve......
          That’s what I was thinking...

Comment

I did finally get the battery tray out, they were put in correctly. It’s a tasco from Walmart so I can’t 100% say it’s the batteries, none of my other cams had trouble so it was probably an issue with the cam. You can see the pic a few charred ends and some fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The title got me to thinking maybe I should rename him Rayovac.

Comment

Yeah I've had that problems with Alkaline batteries in general. Not just Rayovac. Every now and then you will get one that leaks and makes a mess. Nowadays I stick with the Energizer lithiums (I know expensive but they do really last) or Eneloop and Amazon basic NIMH batteries. Not all cameras will work with the NIMHs. The Tasco's will but the Bushnell's don't. You also need a good charger for the NIMH's (not cheap either). A good charger makes a big difference in how long the NIMH's last.

Comment

I’ve been buying those Rayovacs for years and I know I have purchased them at the Lowe’s sale for at least the last 3-4 years, as have my friends. We’ve run them in probably 50 cameras of all different brands with no issues.

Your problem is that Tasco.

Comment

Working...
                  X