No announcement yet.

Adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and your birth mother are in my prayers. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Comment

My wife said i should do some research before we meet. She's not the trusting kind of person. She said she didn't want to see me get hurt. I get where she's coming from.....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did some research. Found several criminal charges and different names she has gone by.

Not sure what to think

Comment

Were they recent charges or decades ago?? Only reason I ask is why would she reach out now...if recent, I would be apprehensive.

Comment

Let her talk first then tell her what you know. Just see where the conversation goes. Good Luck!

Comment

I wonder if you mom knew about the criminal history of your biological mother. Good luck OP, following along. I agree with Artos, how recent are they? If it's recent, I would be very suspect as to why she's reaching out.

Comment

...and to the counter, if it was way in the past with not a blemish recently then she likely is reaching out for a genuine connection.

Comment

I wish you both the best.

Comment

Latest one was 2013. They started in 1976, 3 years after i was born. She would have been 18ish.

Comment

Tread cautiously and prayerfully Sammy... Let the Holy Spirit guide you to and through this... Listen carefully to that still small voice... If your senses are on alert, follow your God-Given instincts. He won't steer you wrong!!

Comment

I have reached out and told her i had some questions and that i had been doing some research before i just jumped in with both feet and i wanted to be sure to protect my family and that i wasnt judging her and we all have a past. Waiting on her response

Comment

Meet in a public place like a restaurant during the day. Just you and your wife if she wants to come. No children.

Tread lightly. Tell her the same internet that allowed her to find you allowed you to find her history.

I’d not invite her to my home. You don’t have any money to lend if asked- be prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't imagine what you must be going through. Prayers sent for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Meet in a public place like a restaurant during the day. Just you and your wife if she wants to come. No children.

Tread lightly. Tell her the same internet that allowed her to find you allowed you to find her history.

I’d not invite her to my home. You don’t have any money to lend if asked- be prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yea, my wife would go with me. She would not meet the kids until i felt it was right.....and the money part, thats easy cause i aint got any[emoji23]

Comment

You meet up yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X