Etx hand feed pen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etx hand feed pen?

Will 18" tall r-panel be high enough to keep hogs out?

I have 16' times 3 r-panels 18" tall and 2xs 16' of 4x4x16 that I will cut in half for a total lenght of 64'.

I hoping I got enough.

102' circumstances

I think I’m going to try some bull panels that are 50’’ tall and cut them in half to be around 25”. 18” is worth a try and it won’t take long to find out once you put them out. I miss the days where you did not worry about the hogs destroying all your hand corn in one night. Let me know how they work out because I think the shorter you can have them the more likely mature deer are to use them.

Comment

Yes 18" will work for hogs, I done this for years in east Texas. It won't keep out livestock.

Comment

18 inches low

18 inches isn’t going to cut it
        Attached Files

Comment

+\- 30' radius big enough if I do not have trap climbing hogs?

Comment

18 inches is enough to keep most out. A few might jump it. It would never keep them in but it doesn't take a lot to keep them out.

Now for size. It doesn't have to be big. My newest ones are only 16x16. Work great.

Comment

Should prob listen to this guy ^

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                18 inches is enough to keep most out. A few might jump it. It would never keep them in but it doesn't take a lot to keep them out.

Now for size. It doesn't have to be big. My newest ones are only 16x16. Work great.
                I’ll go this way and not have to use the r panel. Good to know thanks

Comment

Height doesn’t matter, if they are going to climb the fence, doesn’t matter if 18” or 50”, it’s going to get climbed.

Comment

I will tell you my experience,last season was my first year on a Newton county lease.Hogs where thick and taking over my feeders.I was concerned about building feed pens cause these deer have never even seen a fence much less jump one.So some of us bought the 4' cattle panel and cut them in half long ways making a 2' tall feed pen.It took about a week before the hogs started jumping in.The deer was having no problem jumping in the pens and seemed to like it cause it was keeping most of the hogs out.We where trying to shoot all the hogs that where jumping in as we could.After the season was over I put up regular hog panels that are 34" tall,they have been up about 3 weeks now and have only one picture of a hog jumping in.That was the first week the taller panels where up and have had no more jumpers since.I think that 200# boar hog just wanted me to know he can still get in if he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      18 inches isn’t going to cut it
                      That’s completely different

Hogs are very easy to keep out.... keeping them in, way harder. I’ve had a few climb over each other and get out of 60” pens

Not sure on 18” but 25” will

Comment

Needs to be at least 30" to keep most hogs out.

Comment

I’ve seen 18” panels keep pigs out (most pigs) all day in east Texas.

Comment

I use 50” panels cut in half. After the cut and and installation some areas are as low as 20”. I keep most hogs out but have 1 or 2 visit my pens from time to time. I would say my pens eliminate 90% of my hog problems, which makes it well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                              Will 18" tall r-panel be high enough to keep hogs out?

I have 16' times 3 r-panels 18" tall and 2xs 16' of 4x4x16 that I will cut in half for a total lenght of 64'.

I hoping I got enough.

102' circumstances
                              R panel as in roofing tin?

Comment

Working...
                              X