Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parents, another kid hurt your kid, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this thread is scary for the father of a one year old (our first)...

I am on the side of boys will be boys but would contact the parents and let them know what happened and that other kids have had issues with their kid being to rough.

My wife would have been trying to throw hands lol

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
      It's kind of stupid if you ask me.
      Trust me I’m convinced

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        Trust me I’m convinced

Comment

If it was a malicious act, talk to the parents. They may have no idea and need to know.

If it was them just playing, laughing, running, and chasing and your boy got hurt on accident, let it be.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

No, He did 3 months probation. After he completed it he still has it on his record, but it is sealed. There will always be something on his record now, but because he completed his probation no one will be ever to know what it is. It's kind of stupid if you ask me.
            It's very stupid but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was charged with a class b misdemeanor (did something stupid at 17) did deferred adjudication and it hasn't hampered me in anyway when it comes to jobs and etc. Heck when I worked for a defense contractor it never even came up when applying for clearances.

To the OP, I'm all for letting boys be boys but if the one kid is a freshman and my son is 11 I believe I would say something. That is a massive gap in maturity level in all aspects. I don't think I'd be a real jerk about it or threaten them to pay medical bills but i'd want them to be aware of what happened and understand that going forward their son needs to not be doing that nonsense with kids 4 years younger them him.

Comment

JSHOUSE - you handled it exactly the way I would have, my wife would of acted exactly like your wife. Kids need to learn to be tough and be boys, especially in todays snowflake society. Glad your son wasn't hurt bad.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                I believe any way you look at it an 11 yr old being hurt by a Freshman in High School is wrong. Unless they are friends and are truly just playing. But this didn’t seem to be the case
                ^^^^

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll see how he's doing at lunch today, the posts about the shoulder injuries scare me, he's my QB/pitcher that's going to the pros so he can buy me my ranch!

The first thing I asked him when I found out they weren't friends was why he didn't punch him in the mouth, he looked at me and said, "I can't even lift my arm dad."

Comment

I have an 8 yo boy. He's a big kid. Plays sports with 11 and 12 yo boys fairly often (family friends). One of the kids (12) form tackled my son in a "2 touch" football game in my backyard. Knocked the wind out of him, hurt his hip, bad deal and completely senseless act by a kid that hasn't ever had his *** whipped.

Had they been playing around and someone got hurt, that's "boys being boys." That boy's dad and I had a conversation about it, only because the kid's actions were out of line. That kid still needs his *** whipped.

Comment

i coach my sons football team, he is a sophmore (9/10 yr olds) and we are always early to practice because my son likes to go and play with all the other kids that show up early from all the other teams (PW up to seniors) we always have siblings (older/younger) out there running around with them. My position is that if your kid is out there then he knows the risks and it's all fair game especially in an environment like that, it's football and that's what's on their minds. It's no different than the pick up football games that go on behind the stands on friday nights with the younger kids.

i'm a proponent of kid's learning conflict resolution and finding a way to solve the problem themselves.
                      parent's getting involved is why kids aren't learning to deal with these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        i coach my sons football team, he is a sophmore (9/10 yr olds) and we are always early to practice because my son likes to go and play with all the other kids that show up early from all the other teams (PW up to seniors) we always have siblings (older/younger) out there running around with them. My position is that if your kid is out there then he knows the risks and it's all fair game especially in an environment like that, it's football and that's what's on their minds. It's no different than the pick up football games that go on behind the stands on friday nights with the younger kids.

i'm a proponent of kid's learning conflict resolution and finding a way to solve the problem themselves.
                        parent's getting involved is why kids aren't learning to deal with these issues.
                        Tigers?

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Tigers?
                          seminoles

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            seminoles
                            Dangit, should of looked at the avatar….

Comment

The boys should invite one of the seniors to play with them, and let him take some cheap shots on that freshman. See how he likes it.

Comment

No, He did 3 months probation. After he completed it he still has it on his record, but it is sealed. There will always be something on his record now, but because he completed his probation no one will be ever to know what it is. It's kind of stupid if you ask me.

you can have it expunged & his record will be totally clean. cost was about 5 grand in 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                X