HIP Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIP Certification

My wife picked our licenses up yesterday. She did not get the HIP cert. can it be added? Is it a ticket-able offense if we are hunting migratory birds? We mainly deer hunt but may go after some doves next week.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can add it later and you can be issued a citation for it.

Comment

Yes you can add it for free, and yes you can get a ticket without it.

Comment

You may be able to buy it on line and hang on to the reciept. I buy my super combo online and they asked the hip questions.

Comment

Did you get the migratory stamp? I think it automatically asks the hip questions if you get the stamp.

Comment

I just bought mine online for the first time. I guess print and keep both sheets with you?

Comment

Clerk at walmart didnt add mine after I told her 3 times. After she printed my super combo I noticed it missing . She just printed me another slip that says HIP certified . It's no cost to you but you have to have it or yes the ticket will be issued.

Comment

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s a $5.00 admin fee if you do it online. Just did this afternoon for my wife when she decided to go dove hunting with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    I just bought mine online for the first time. I guess print and keep both sheets with you?
                    Yes. Keep the printed paper on you till the real one comes in. There is also a way to have it on your phone that is legal now, but I dont know how to do that. ( to hunt stuff that requires tags you still have to have regular paper license )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      Yes. Keep the printed paper on you till the real one comes in. There is also a way to have it on your phone that is legal now, but I dont know how to do that. ( to hunt stuff that requires tags you still have to have regular paper license )
                      Just take a picture of your license and save it on your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        Just take a picture of your license and save it on your phone.
                        Oh, ok. I assumed you had to have some app or something

Comment

Texas parks and wildlife outdoor annual app. Creat an account and log on. It has an option for logging a copy of your license even if you have no cell service.

Comment

Working...
                          X