Sushi - Hot and Sour soup - Best places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sushi - Hot and Sour soup - Best places

For those that love it where are the best places to eat sushi in Texas.

Figure if I drive through Dallas, Austin or where ever I can stop by.

Also looking for the best Hot and Sour soup. I had it once before long ago on Parmer at Avery at Hunan Ranch and that was probably in my top 2 places for the soup.

Sushi Fever in Cedar Park was pretty good for sushi. But I have not tried a lot of places and I'm not near there anymore.

In my opinion Uchi in both Dallas and Austin is hard to beat.

Comment

My favorite Hot & Sour soup was always BoBo China in Dallas on New Church Rd near Plano Rd & 635.

I haven't been in a few years and I've heard it's gone down hill.

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
        My favorite Hot & Sour soup was always BoBo China in Dallas on New Church Rd near Plano Rd & 635.

I haven't been in a few years and I've heard it's gone down hill.
        Pretty sure it has turned into a top less club. No soup available.

Comment

The best hot and sour soup I've ever had was at Mei Yuan in Burnet.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
            The best hot and sour soup I've ever had was at Mei Yuan in Burnet.
            You eat there recently? I can make it to Burnet soon!

Comment

Best sushi bar in sa is Goro's. Don't know about any soup.

Comment

I'm the only one that eats sushi in our family so only do so when on the road for work.

Love hot and sour soup but we order take out when we have Chinese and it just don't taste the same when you get it to go. So I make my own using this recipe
                This classic Chinese Hot and Sour Soup recipe is easy to make in about 25 minutes, and tastes even better than the restaurant version!

Comment

Best hot and sour soup, North Austin

Best hot and sour soup in North Austin is at Twin Lion on 183 at Burnet in the HEB parking lot.

Their sesame chicken is also the best, but you have to call it Wonderful Chicken when you order it. I go there every week and I see other Chinese people there. We don't make eye contact.

I've been going there since 2007.

Comment

Sushi Fever in Cedar Park was pretty good for sushi. But I have not tried a lot of places and I'm not near there anymore.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine knows the parents of the Sushi Fever guy from their sushi place in Vegas. The son gets his fish from the parents supplier and it's very good. I go there a lot.

Comment

Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant on 2920 in Spring has excellent hot&sour soup.

I grew up real close to BoBo China in Dallas. Hope it’s still around.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        You eat there recently? I can make it to Burnet soon!
                        Last time was back in January. Worked in Burnet for several months about a year before that and it was a weekly stop for dinner. Consistently good every time I went.

Comment

In Austin, it's Musashino. That is my final answer.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                            Best hot and sour soup in North Austin is at Twin Lion on 183 at Burnet in the HEB parking lot.

Their sesame chicken is also the best, but you have to call it Wonderful Chicken when you order it. I go there every week and I see other Chinese people there. We don't make eye contact.

I've been going there since 2007.
                            Their Dragon and Lion Fight (spicy) is amazing also! I really miss that place after moving from the Austin area.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                              In my opinion Uchi in both Dallas and Austin is hard to beat.
                              There is not another answer. This is facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X